2015 golf 6spd

lessm723

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (sold) 2013 Jetta TDI (sold) 2015 Golf TDI
Got the next one home. Had them clean the windows before we drive off.. it was getting dark. Well inspection said fixed/replaced windshield. That was a lie. Looked her over when got home and there is deep scratches where the wiper arm grinded the windshield. Wow unacceptable. U just thought the wipers smeared crap on the window.

Also the previous owner had a bug shield for the sunroof. Well when someone removed it, it took the clear with it. Yeah definitely wasn't noted or in the pics. Salesman assured me that after getting and estimate they would fix as it's not up to their standards.

Also after driving 2 hours the reduce oil light came on. Completely panicked. Pulled over and googled to find they are just over sensitive and just needs a little drained out hopefully.

Really want to keep this one so we shall see what they say Tuesday. Also my trade was moved from the site so if I want to just get it back they would have to locate it! Oh boy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

lessm723

TDI
The clear coat peeling in that spot is a common issue.
Common or not it should have been disclosed. Pretty obvious it was a defect. I will just hope they resolve it like the gentleman said blah.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Common or not it should have been disclosed. Pretty obvious it was a defect. I will just hope they resolve it like the gentleman said blah.

Same Carvana company? Sounds like they are just not good at their jobs... I’m sorry mate. That clear coat would bug me too. Once a small portion begins to come up, the rest is only a short matter of time. Just like a road when one pebble pops loose, 6 months later pot hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Well getting new windshield is minor, a st gobain one is about 300. The paint issue is expensive. This gsw has been used/ stored in an area that destroyed the clear coat due to uv or environment. to strip roof area, rails need to be removed. A cheap assed job which may soon fail is money foolishly spent. A professional job, garanteed, depending where you are will be 1200-1500 minimum.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Carvana may vary somewhat in different parts of the country, but Where you are they don't seem to care what they sell from their lack of descriptions.

lessm723

TDI
I agree so far!!!! About to go get an estimate and submit it to them. I have till Saturday to decide on the car at least.

lessm723

TDI
Just an update. Got two estimates for fun. One wanted to remove the panel and glue another. The other agreed to try and paint it. To wrap the whole top in black would have been 350. Safelite is replacing the windshield also.

I finally had a chance to check the filters and bot were they gross! Found a plug that was disconnected to the ccv valve and the preheater tube was not on the air box. They are reimbursing the filters as well as the oil change I had the dealer do. I really didn't expect for them to pay for the oil change but kept getting the reduce oil level light and it definitely was too high. They also noted the oil was milky but saw no other signs of damage and think maybe with it being overfilled it had something to do with it. It ran like a kitten on the way home. It must be a little downhill but was at 64mpg! My first tank was 41.036 mpg and I am happy with that.

I have until tomorrow to decide but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping this one.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
If your happy that’s good! A roof wrap would be the cheapest short term option of course. Keep in mind wraps don’t last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
milky oil? Run away! There are better ones out there.

15TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
This seems like a massive headache for something that you gain very little on - I understand the desire for a newer, slightly more efficient, and manual car. But to get a car with these types of issues you listed seems like a red flag, especially for a car that is priced above market and riddled with issues (10x).

SafeLite being listed is also a major flag.

I'd be looking for my old car and take the lesson learned. Good luck.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The shop is right, the sunroof panel must come out as well as the roof rails, think a quality shop would charge over 2 grand for the job. You are only screwing yourself if you accept this unit. There are really nice ones out there with under 20k miles with perfect paint.

DieselDavid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6M, 2015 Golf SEL TDI DSG
I considered this car too but the price seemed high for the mileage. Also the second owner averaged something like 40K miles per year, just a little higher than average.

Carvana is selling the car, again. Same price but now with 660 additional miles.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1296358

lessm723

TDI
Those were my miles for the test drive. He pulled a trailer all those miles!!! I'm back in a dsg now and wife is happy. Even after I told them all the things wrong with that car... I'm sure they aren't fixed.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think dsg is just fine, your boost never drops on upshifts so its a tad faster.