2015 Ford Fusion Titanium

mittgore

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Hey all, so I'm selling back my 2013 jetta tdi next week so ive been looking for a new car, including other VWs, toyota, ford, honda..

I test drove a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium today. It has 20k miles, 1 previous owner (lease). Everything was great until I took it on the highway. There was a slight shake in the steering wheel and a vibration in the seat when I went past 80MPH. I told the salesman that if they fix that, i would buy the car. My questions are as follows:

- Im thinking it needs an alignment. Is that common for a car with only 20k miles?
- only 20k miles.. should I be concerned with a shake? should be solid. did the previous owner hit a lot of curbs or pot holes?
- if I do show back up tomorrow and the shake is gone, is there any way they can temporarily mask it? I dont want it to come back a month down the road..

VIN : 3FA6P0D91FR140944

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Most likely cause is a wheel out of balance. It may simply have worn itself out of balance - it happens.

It may be due to a worn tire. It may be due to a bent rim from a kerb or pothole.

It's unlikely that any such thing could be masked temporarily - it's either fixed, or it isn't.

mittgore

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Most likely cause is a wheel out of balance. It may simply have worn itself out of balance - it happens.

It may be due to a worn tire. It may be due to a bent rim from a kerb or pothole.

It's unlikely that any such thing could be masked temporarily - it's either fixed, or it isn't.
thanks for the response!

yes! he also did mention doing a wheel balance. I'll look closer at the rims tomorrow and see if there are any dings/dents

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
It could be on the inboard side, so it might be difficult to see. It is much easier to see when mounted on the balancer.