2015 CVCA oil pan gasket leaking

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Hello,

she has about 95k miles and leaks some oil on the passenger side. what procedure do I need to do with this? I searched and not much info. I don't seem to find an gasket for this, it seems to be pointing to RTV adhesives.

I will be doing the job once the oil change is due. in 8k miles that is. it is a slow leak.... for now.

tristan81491

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
The day after I got my Passat (CVCA ~73K miles at the time) I saw a little bit of oil on my driveway. I brought the car back to the dealer who said this is a common issue with dieselgate buy backs that sat around for a while. I just checked my records and it says:
"CUSTOMER STATES OIL LEAKING FROM VEHICLE. NOTICED ON DRIVE TECH FOUND OIL PAN LEAKING REMOVED OIL PAN. RESEALED OIL PAN REFILLED WITH OIL"
The part number listed for the repair is D-176-501-A1 which is listed as Upper Oil Pan Sealer

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
I had to do the same on my 2015 at 40k miles. People here said it most likely was something else leaking like the cam seal but my leak was fixed just doing the pan reseal. Easy job but I have a two post lift. The key is to use the factory sealant and make sure there is absolutely no oil contamination on the sealing surfaces. I left the car on the lift for a day or two with the pan off to make sure there was no more oil dripping out to get on the sealing surfaces.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
update: it is the front crank seal cover being the culprit!

Front Crank Seal Repair Kit for 1.6 & 2.0 TDI CR Engines
Complete Front Crank Seal Repair Kit for 2.0 TDI VAG Common Rail Diesel Engines
www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk

yep oil pan needs to be re-done as well, the foam is soaked. its very common for the EA288 engines sadly.

yep oil consumption is pretty bad! every time I rev her hard, oil leak goes thru the front crank seal. so I told girlfriend to avoid driving her hard unless it is necessary to do so. I bought 2 bottles of liqui moly top tec 4200 1 liter each with us as we went on the roadtrip to Tennessee from Florida and back, she used up about half of the bottle, that's too much for 1300 miles estimate.

tristan81491

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Good to know. The dealer changed my oil sensor because the gasket was leaking at around 120K but it still seems to be burning/leaking oil at a higher than normal rate. I will take a look at the front crank seal. Currently at 145,000 and burning about a quart every 4,000 miles

Richard416282

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon
The dealer changed my oil sensor because the gasket was leaking at around 120K.
So, a gasket was leaking and instead of the dealer going to bat on behalf of their customer with a warranty claim to re-seal the [front crank], they replaced the relatively easy and less expensive oil sensor.

I think you need to find a new VW dealer to sell you a car at.