2015 CR Passat TDI HELP ME OUT !!! 6mt short gears

kwiatekch

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0TDI
gears in my car got extreamly short !!! in addition car feels like if it had no balls !!! this is insane ! I made a video ! my car has next to no torque ! each time I get up yo 2k rpm it feels as if I was going 4k ! car has not even 40k miles on it ! and Malone tune - stage 2 (I re read file of from my car and support told me that everything checks out )
Ive also contacted geniuses from Alientech ECM Tuning only to comfirm what Malone support already told me !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojAgZMA13nc

PS. it is not that i cant get it up on higher RPM just that one time I drove in rain on highway and going 70mph on curve my rear tires slipped !!! i had my heart up my throat :( car has next to no traction it is just a nightmare !! anyone else had that problem ?

Smashed Ixnay

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Kinda looks like same issues I had, which turned out to be an electrical issue. You can check my post history, but I just got my car back Friday. The only difference I can see is you don’t have any lights on your dash like I did.

They did a lot of “fixes” on my car before correcting it. I do think they fixed it this time, but I really need to wait a week of driving it since I’ve gotten it back before and had issues a few days later.

VWoA paid for everything.

https://youtu.be/GAaySoQuxa8

Last edited:

kwiatekch

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0TDI
what what

Kinda looks like same issues I had, which turned out to be an electrical issue. You can check my post history, but I just got my car back Friday. The only difference I can see is you don’t have any lights on your dash like I did.

They did a lot of “fixes” on my car before correcting it. I do think they fixed it this time, but I really need to wait a week of driving it since I’ve gotten it back before and had issues a few days later.

VWoA paid for everything.

https://youtu.be/GAaySoQuxa8
Do you know what was the problem ? what have they replaced ?
I have a manual transmission and honestly i feel like puking when im in 3rd gear driving 25mph !!!
before I took my car for airbag recall I wouldnt even switch to 2nd gear until 25-30rpm !!! today I pulled plug off from air flow sensor while running to see if it responses at all and I got that same ignition coil light you have flashing on your dash ! it came off after I connected the plug but I dont have a check engine light ! Later on when I get a chance I plant to connect VCDS and check values it reads ! but something tells me it might be a crank sensor seriously IDK man have to start checking just hoped someone on here would already resolved that problem though thanks for fast reply
what MPG are you getting ?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Sometimes tuners will disable the ability to show a check engine light so that they have fewer support calls or complaints. (Out of sight out of mind I guess, but this also frustrates diagnosing problems at times.) I would write the stock tune to the car, and see what codes show up. If it runs better stock, then talk to your tuner. If not, time for the dealer.

If you get a chance to scan codes, post the txt file that VCDS creates when you "save codes" and read the codes in the engine module, not generic OBD