2015 Coolant Leak

Hovernut

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6-speed; previous: 01 MkIV Jetta 5-Speed
I was on the highway & had just passed a 18-wheeler & I saw some mist in his headlights. I had just driven through rain, & thought I was kicking up road mist, but I got that uneasy feeling In the pit of my stomach. I don’t recall seeing any idiot lights illuminated at the time. I got to my destination a few miles later & when parked, got a whiff of antifreeze when I was retrieving luggage from the trunk. Next day, I popped the hood & saw coolant level low in bottle & added a gallon, but eventually saw a stream emanating from behind the passenger wheel. Got down & saw a waterfall just behind the splash shield. I had emptied about a gallon into the bottle by then. I’m putting it on a dolly & towing it an hour back home to troubleshoot on a neighbor’s lift. Any ideas what this might be? I’m not sure what would dump coolant back that far? Think the 2015 extended warranty might cover this? Here’s a pic of where the coolant was leaking from: cold engine atmospheric pressure. The view is from behind the driver front wheel….passenger front wheel in view behind the leak.
Thanks!!

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
better check the part that looks like this, it seems to be happening lately for the 2015's.

part: 5K0122157K