2015 & 2016 TDIs for sale at dealerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBa

Veteran Member
TDI
GOLF '02
Any comments about the various TDIs popping up for sale at dealerships? The VW diesel-gate scandal has tainted their reputation. Nevertheless, I've been seeing several priced $15K on up, which are sometimes $2K+ under bluebook value with less than 50K miles. :cool:

Any caveat emptor specific to these vehicles? Some of them look like good deals.

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
There's plenty of threads around here on them. Used ones are priced pretty close to what new 2015s are. I've not heard any complaints about them, and I'm quite happy with my 2015 I just bought. I also don't think the reputation is as tainted as you might think. Just opinion, but they're not having a hard time selling them.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
I scored a CPO 15 GSW SE 6 speed manual pretty much fully loaded with 36K on it for $22K. I had to have a 6 speed wagon, theyre hard to find now

most major components are now warranteed for 11 years or 162K miles. Its hard to believe they are out there for $15K, may be a dealer trying to reel you in then bend you over on something else

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I just picked up (still doing loan paperwork) a 2015 Golf TDI with 100k on the odometer in otherwise perfect shape for $14,100 from a dealer.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I just picked up (still doing loan paperwork) a 2015 Golf TDI with 100k on the odometer in otherwise perfect shape for $14,100 from a dealer.
Grats

Good price.

The 100K on the clock figures about right -- KBB and NADA drops the re-sale value (approx) 7-8 cents per mile.

Happy motoring:D

GTRMAN

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2014 Passat TDI SE, 2003 Jetta Wagon GLS-leather/moonroof
We purchased a new 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI last week from Terry VW in Lynchburg. Have trusted them since 1998 (the, at that time, 'new' Passat). Great people and service!

Last edited:

JamesBa

Veteran Member
TDI
GOLF '02
2015 Golf TDI S

Do you think a 2015 Golf TDI S w/ 52,000 miles for $14K is a good deal?:confused:

Should I assume that the Fix 2 has already been done, or is the dealer require to disclose that? If I buy it, I don't want any unpleasant surprises.:eek:

PS. What does the S after TDI stand for?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do you think a 2015 Golf TDI S w/ 52,000 miles for $14K is a good deal?:confused:

Should I assume that the Fix 2 has already been done, or is the dealer require to disclose that? If I buy it, I don't want any unpleasant surprises.:eek:

PS. What does the S after TDI stand for?
Who is selling it? Dealer?

*S* is the base model. That's what I have - love it. - Mine has DSG. Yours?

I think it is a *good* price.

The range on that car is from 'bout $14,000 to a high of $24,000 with DSG

Figure about 7-8 cents per mile.

Naturally condition is a consideration. Only you can determine that.

The fix (part 2) will need to be done in the future.

How this helps some. Good luck

JamesBa

Veteran Member
TDI
GOLF '02
Yes, it's a dealer. If I buy the car and have it reprogrammed for more power, will the fix part 2 ruin the reprogramming so that I'll have to have it done all over again?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, it's a dealer. If I buy the car and have it reprogrammed for more power, will the fix part 2 ruin the reprogramming so that I'll have to have it done all over again?

IMO
, there will be issues come time to do part 2

And there is a probability the 11 year, 162,000 mile warranty is gone.

only my opinion

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This discussion belongs somewhere else. This section is for listing cars for sale or posting want-to-buy ads only.

I would move the thread, but there are already several existing threads throughout the forum about buying 2015s.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.