2014 vw sportwagen p606c cel and 1st trip to dealer coming up - advice?

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi everyone, I have a 2014 TDI sport wagon that I bought 2 years ago. I bought it with 30,000 and just turned over 50,000 MI this month.

I just got my first check engine light. I scan the code and it was for glow plug two. I thought about doing some more diagnostics myself, but after reviewing the warranty this should be covered under it. I don't have any relationship with my local VW dealer, I bought the car private party from a different area. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly but I'm also concerned that it's not the glow plug and maybe the ECM. based on what I've read in the form it sounds like some dealers could be a real pain in the ass. Any advice to making this go as smooth as possible?

Additionally, this last week was our first cold week here in New england. it was warm the days prior period sure enough the next morning when it was cold I started the car and it choked. I'm almost certain it's the intercooler condensation issue. The car did start though and just idled rough for a few seconds. I drove to work period at the end of the day I got back in my car and it actually wouldn't start. I paused, try it again still no starting. I was actually wondering if maybe it was my glow plug error and because I was down a glow plug I wasn't able to turn the engine over. I tried again and it finally started, it idled rough like it had in the morning period since then the weather warmed up a few degrees and I've had no issues. last year I already had my winter covers installed, and didn't really experience the issue except for something much milder once or twice where the car surged in idle briefly upon starting. It was an infrequent issue. I can still install my winter covers and will help remedy this issue, but I'm hoping that I can have the dealer take a look and put in the TSB fix for the intercooler issue.

Thoughts on the best approach here?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Got my car back. Replaced glow plug 2under warranty no issues. Dealership was easy to work with.