2014 TDI TOUAREG TIRES

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
HELLO! HAVE MY CAR IN SHOP RIGHT NOW FOR WARRANTY WORK. WANTED TO BUY A SET OF NEW SHOES FOR IT WHILE WAITING. HAS SOME SORT OF LOUD SNOW TIRE ON IT NOW. (BOUGHT CAR WITH THEM ON). I HAVE OWNED 2 2006 F250 WITH MICHELLIN DEFENDERS. NICE AND QUIET AND BETTER FUEL MILEAGE IT SEEMS. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK LOAD RANGE WISE BEING A HEAVIER VEHICLE. ANYONE WITH A TOUAREG RECOMMEND TOYO, CONTINENTIAL, BRIDGESTONE YADA YA? LOOKING TO CAP OUT AT AROUND $180-$200/EA. HT TREAD PREFERABLY. ALSO IN MN IF THAT MATTERS.

ALSO WHAT EVER IS ON THERE NOW I WOULD LIKE TO GO 10-20MM WIDER AND LESS ON SIDE WALL TO COMPESATE. I APPRECIATE THE FEED BACK, TOM.

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
Tires as a topic is like asking what oil to use :)
I don't have T-reg but bought Falken Wildpeaks for my Tiguan, been really happy with them!

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
First off, WHY ARE YOU YELLING haha

Second, why are you talking about improving mpg in one breath and then talking about going wider section width in the next?

You'll need to better define what your objectives are before anyone can actually offer actionable advice.

My best bit of advice is to spend some time on tirerack.com's reviews and see what people are rating the highest in your budget, and performance category of choice. If you're going off road, driving gravel roads, only have one set vs summers+winters, do much/any towing, want longevity vs grip, etc. are all factors that will help you dial in your choice.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
I have some 5 year old, dried out, cracking janky snow tires on now. Bought it with them. I think some 325s would get better mileage than these! Haha.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
I have used Michelin Latitudes on 2 Touaregs with great results first set was close to 40K miles and still had life in them when I trade the car due to diesel gate.My current set on a 2016 replaced OEM GYs and are smooth and quiet. Just finished a 2000 mile trip and enjoyed how quiet they are.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
With a AWD car are steers crossed to rears and rears moved straight forward? How does that work for a rotation? Plan on doing so every oil change at 5k.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
With a AWD car are steers crossed to rears and rears moved straight forward? How does that work for a rotation? Plan on doing so every oil change at 5k.
It depends if your tires are directional or not.

Also, are you emissions deleted? If not, 5k oil changes might not be offering much protection based on the chemistry of 507 oil. The basics of how it works is it goes through a few phases. First a detergent to scrub off old zinc deposits that prevent wear. Next is a bedding down of new zinc. Then the normal oil phase. If your emissions are deleted you can run a good oil like T6, etc, and not worry.

At any rate, 5k OCIs add up quickly. Would be a good idea to get a couple UOAs from Blackstone (or similar) to determine where your engine should be for changes.

Just my two cents.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
I have directional snow garbage on there now. Looking for normal tires. Want to know proper way to rotate. As for oil, thanks just got ordered a kit to be sent. Ran Rotella in a 6.0 powerstroke and liked it. No, i am not deleted, yet. have 27k (miles) left on dieselgate. Back and fourth on doing it at 100k or not. Worth it? Want to run BG intake cleaner through but do not want to clog DPF. Not sur if warranty would spot that or not. What are your thoughts on ESP Mobil? have that in the Wifes 15 Passat TDI. 5w30

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
I have 2 2015 Q5 TDI's and run Amsol Euro 0-30 TDI oil since we bought them. I've had 2 former Touaregs, '04 and '05 and couldn't keep tires on either. 20k was the best out of what ever I bought. On the Q5's, I just put Cooper CS5 tires on both and they are the quietest tires I have ever owned. They ride good as well.

Leroy71

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
Everyone is so tight lipped giving out information on this site. I'm on my 2nd set of Continental LX 25's and like them a lot. They are quiet, good in snow and I get about 50K miles on them.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Everyone is so tight lipped giving out information on this site. I'm on my 2nd set of Continental LX 25's and like them a lot. They are quiet, good in snow and I get about 50K miles on them.
Tires is kinda a wishy washy topic. One person can love tires that another hates.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
I’m a big, big fan of continental DWS06 but I’ve only owned them on my gf’s JSW TDI. I want to get them for my Touareg too but don’t know if they’re “as good” for the use case

Capt.Aidan

TDI
2015 Touareg 3.0 TDI Exec
I recently moved from Pirelli Scorpion Verde summers (275-45-20) to Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Run Flats (285-45-20)
I do lot of driving on well paved windy back roads on the way to the cottage, the wet grip is way better. But my fuel economy is significantly worse. Easily pulled low 8L/100k on the highway often dropping into the mid 7s depending on traffic flow. I have tough time keeping it in the 8s now.