2014 Sportwagen leather seat options

Turbo_Anarchy

TDI
2014 Sportwagen
Hi everyone. we have had our Sportwagen for about a year and a half now and put about 20k on it and we love it. So far I have done the Rawtek exhaust and DSG and Stage 2 Malone tune. Today I put Koni shocks and struts on it and since the butt was dragging put some Tiguan 2WD rear springs on it at the same time that I got off Amazon. Big improvement in the ride and handling and it sits about an inch higher now in the rear over the front unloaded. The next thing I would like to address is changing out the seats. So what years leather GTI or Golf R seats will fit with the least amount of wiring fuss? I found a set of MK6 GTI seats for a reasonable price but have not gone to check them out yet. Would these go in without too much trouble? Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers, Carl

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Ive read of differing style air bag plugs. No big deal to swap out to proper ends???

MitchyD91

TDI
13 VW Jetta Sportwagen
Hi everyone. we have had our Sportwagen for about a year and a half now and put about 20k on it and we love it. So far I have done the Rawtek exhaust and DSG and Stage 2 Malone tune. Today I put Koni shocks and struts on it and since the butt was dragging put some Tiguan 2WD rear springs on it at the same time that I got off Amazon. Big improvement in the ride and handling and it sits about an inch higher now in the rear over the front unloaded. The next thing I would like to address is changing out the seats. So what years leather GTI or Golf R seats will fit with the least amount of wiring fuss? I found a set of MK6 GTI seats for a reasonable price but have not gone to check them out yet. Would these go in without too much trouble? Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers, Carl
If going from same year or body style, very rarely (if ever) will your airbag plugs differ. Same goes with the steering wheel. I just put a GTI steering wheel on my 13 sportwagen and it was literally plug and play.