2014 Jetta tdi bluetooth

okgo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd manual
I have a problem with my other car, 2014 Jetta TDI (not value edition).
I've installed an aftermarket radio, turned off bluetooth in the factory head unit, and shut off bluetooth in vag-com. The vehicle still issues a bluetooth ID of "vw phone," which is a boobytrap since once you pair to this once you will never be left in peace while your bluetooth is on. Every 15 seconds the car tries over and over to pair with the phone, and if you pair the phone and then disconnect the phone, the car tries persistently to reattach itself.
I've unplugged the module under the passenger seat, but the signal remains (I think the module is just for telematics).
Has anyone located the actual bluetooth module in their 2014 jetta? I'd like to unplug the stupid thing.

Last edited:

Jagal

TDI
'11 335D '13 Passat TDI SEL
forget the device in your phone's bluetooth settings.

okgo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd manual
I've done that, this is why I have a problem. Even by telling the phone to forget the bluetooth device, once the phone has attempted to pair with the car even once, the car latches on and after you forget the bluetooth from the phone the CAR tries to re-pair every 15 seconds or so.
Its the most puzzling thing I've run across.
If I reinstall the stock head unit, set the bluetooth to "off," even this doesnt shut down the bluetooth "vw phone," and the re-pair loop continues.

Last edited: