2014 Golf TDI 6-spd

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Golf 6-spd, '12 Passat gasser:(
Last weekend I bought it. But I have many questions. I know everything (almost) about my 2001 Jetta TDI 5-spd with 230,000 miles but not much about the new TDI. I did all the work on the '01 and it is bullet proof but after 13.5 years, I wanted a new TDI.

• How long has the engine been around
  • Is there a Bentley I can get for it. I don't care much about the body components, just the engine. For example, if the engine has been around since '08 or '09, I'll get a Bentley from that time period. They don't make the Bentley for the '14, correct
  • can the EGR cooling system be deleted
  • can the muffler be deleted without affecting the back pressure
  • should an elephant hose be used
  • Is there still an issue with soot build up due to the EGR
  • what Euro switch do I need? No rear fogs, no auto lights. I already turned off the DRL using my vagcom. I just want the switch to control the fogs, parking lights and driving lights all independently like my '01
  • is this the same body as a '13? So I can use '13 Golf splash guards?
These are all questions I have because this is what I did to my '01. I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
I thought they didn't have 14 golfs till the mk7 in 2015

Last edited:

ClimbingTDI

TDI
2013 Golf TDI - DSG
I thought they didn't have 14 golfs till the mk7 in 2015
I was under similar impressions. I believe the MKVII is coming mid 2014 :confused:

@jettajim,

Sorry I am really new to TDI and cannot really provide too much insight into the questions you are asking, but assuming you got a MKVI body style, yes, the splashguards from 2013 should work the same.

Post a picture!

astoryatthree

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6mt
The 2014s are the same (or nearly) as the 2013s. There are limited styles/configurations of the 2014s available and the MKVII should be released later in 2014 as a 2015 model.

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
I thought the same about there not being a '14 model.

I last looked at the '15 model a year ago or so and the pics were awesome. I was going to hold out until they came out. Then, a few weeks ago, I saw another pic of a '15 Golf and it didn't look nearly as good as I remembered. The original was an auto show addition but the actual model being released is quite a bit different--in my opinion.

When did my engine come out? 2010?
Thanks.

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
no new bentleys, 2010 is the last year,
the engine should be cjaa its been around since 2010 cbea's were early 09

The muffler is superfluous, chop it out if you like it will save you weight and nothing else.

Ehe egr dpf, cats etc are all very involved, to delete any you need a custom tune and exhaust, I have Malone, and I like it.

so far not much word on intake soot from egr

no idea on the euro switch, probably the same as the mk 6 non automatic though.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
The most important info that you need is to use an lubrication additive or bioD blend. The hpfp doesn't tolerate low grade fuel.

Malone and rocketchip tuning can change some of the egr. But the egr and CCV system is very very clean compared to the ALH. No need to delete it or run a elephant hose.

Their is a euro switch that can be swapped in.

Muffler can be deleted. Several pipes are sold on amazon.com No issues with swapping it out. Other than perhaps some under car air flow changes. As the bottom of the muffler looks like it keeps the airflow moving.

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
Perfect! This is great news! This sounds like a much more maintenance free engine.

I bought the '10 Bentley. Looking at the description, it sounds like I can also use it on my wife's '12 Passat 2.5L.

Thanks again for the great info!!