- May 31, 2000
- near Houston
- '14 Golf 6-spd, '12 Passat gasser:(
Last weekend I bought it. But I have many questions. I know everything (almost) about my 2001 Jetta TDI 5-spd with 230,000 miles but not much about the new TDI. I did all the work on the '01 and it is bullet proof but after 13.5 years, I wanted a new TDI.
- How long has the engine been around
- Is there a Bentley I can get for it. I don't care much about the body components, just the engine. For example, if the engine has been around since '08 or '09, I'll get a Bentley from that time period. They don't make the Bentley for the '14, correct
- can the EGR cooling system be deleted
- can the muffler be deleted without affecting the back pressure
- should an elephant hose be used
- Is there still an issue with soot build up due to the EGR
- what Euro switch do I need? No rear fogs, no auto lights. I already turned off the DRL using my vagcom. I just want the switch to control the fogs, parking lights and driving lights all independently like my '01
- is this the same body as a '13? So I can use '13 Golf splash guards?