2013 VW Beetle TDI Rear Wing.

vwjettatdimkvi

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan
My girlfriend just bought a new 2013 Beetle TDI (I own a 2011 Jetta TDI). I would like to put a rear wing on it (like the Turbo model has on it), and my dealer said they do not install them on these models.

I found one from a company called Sportwing. http://sportwing.com/Volkswagen-Beetle-Factory-Flush-Mount-Spoiler-2012-2013-BEET12

They are saying you can order one pre-painted that they guarantee will colormatch your car. They say installation is easy but they require you to drill four hole in the rear deck of your car to mount it. Not sure I really want to do that.

Anyone have any ideas on this...

Thanks.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
You can definitely install the factory turbo wing. It's held on by a few bolts and requires drilling into the hatch. Buy it from the parts department and have the service department or body shop do the install. It isn't rocket science. :)

The aftermarket options are probably a bit less expensive, so shop around and figure out which one you want.

vwjettatdimkvi

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sedan
You can definitely install the factory turbo wing. It's held on by a few bolts and requires drilling into the hatch. Buy it from the parts department and have the service department or body shop do the install. It isn't rocket science. :)

The aftermarket options are probably a bit less expensive, so shop around and figure out which one you want.
They did mention now if I wanted it done they could do it but it would cost around $1100 installed. Like $600 for the wing and another $500 for paint and installation. They said the only way they would warranty the car body would be if I factory order the whole hatch assembly with the wing already installed but that might cost over $2000. That's crazy money.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
$1100 installed sounds about right.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I have the sport wing on my wife's car. No concern with warranty - even factory approved spoilers required drilling. You are supposed clean, prime, and paint the holes after drilling.

And warranty still has to prove what caused the failure. They just don't want to risk the liability in an area where road salt my cause premature damage. If you have a quality install then there won't be any problems.

Jason

VeeDubTDI

TDI
spacemonkeymafia just got her factory spoiler installed...

Hintertux

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI DSG Candy White
how much did it cost to get the factory spoiler with install..?

I like the look and it really makes a difference... In my opinion

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Didn't the factory wing on the old new beetle have the cyclops built into it?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I don't remember what she paid for the spoiler painted, but install was $200.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Damn, for a minute I thought it was my wife's bug. Maybe it's time for racing stripes or color accents? ;)

Looks good VeeDubTDI !

Jason

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
I had the dealership install a factory spoiler on my wife's and they repainted the whole hatch. Had them throw in the labor and paint with the purchase of the car, service manager was the wife's cousin so we got a smoking price on the spoiler. Whole deal $230. The even accidentally left off the TDI badge and mailed me a new one if I want to put it on later.

VWBling

TDI
2013 VW Beetle
Wow, I just saw spacemonkeymafia's beautiful gray beetle, it looks a lot like the 2013 beetle I just purchased! Mine has everything I wanted except the spoiler. It's nice to know it's still an option to add one...
Does anyone know where I can find 18" glossy black rims with the VW caps? I love the rims on spacemonkeymafia's beetle, but I would love glossy black...