2013 Jetta Sportwagen

Blstr88

TDI
None
Hi guys, I lurked around here a few years back when I bought my 2006 Jetta TDI. Never posted really, I was just looking for info at the time.

I'm looking to replace it and found a 2013 Jetta wagon TDI Im pretty much ready to buy. My only real hesitancy is the emissions equipment. Coming from a 2006 I was fortunate enough to be free from all that stuff and my car ran like a top and regularly achieved 50 mpg.

From the little web searching I did, it does appear the hardware/tune for deletes are still easily attainable, I found everything I'd need on Rawtek and Malone Tuning.

I'm not looking to hot rod this thing, it's strictly a commuter for me and my wife might use it to grab groceries once in a while. The Eco Kit from Rawtek and honestly just the Stock Tune w/remove DPF/EGR would probably do me just fine. From what I've read by going with the stock tune that alleviates the need for a DSG tune as well?

I guess the biggest question I have regarding the deletes are inspections...I assume it varies state by state? I'm in New Hampshire so my understanding is the car will be hooked up to the "state computer" and ran for emissions that way...but does that detect a tune that eliminates the DPF/EGR? I'm not worried about the mechanic visually seeing anything missing, just the computer portion.

Anyway, Im just trying to gather a little info. Luckily the car only recently had the "fix" done by VW earlier this year so it's got 3 years/48k left on the warranty...however I drive ~24k/year so realistically I'll run out the warranty in about 2 years.

Pretty excited to get into this car. I've loved my current TDI but it's really getting rough and will be nice to have a newer/smoother commuter, plus the Sportwagons are just awesome looking!

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
A tune is needed if emissions equiptment is deleted and it won't pass an emissions test if dpf/egr is deleted.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Yes, the .5 delete tune negates the need to retune the trans. Malone does offer a specific eco tune also. The dsg tune just bumps pressures and changes shift patterns.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd keep it stock as long as the warranty is in effect. Getting deleted vehicles to pass emissions inspections is only going to get tougher as time goes by.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I'd keep it stock as long as the warranty is in effect. Getting deleted vehicles to pass emissions inspections is only going to get tougher as time goes by.
Emissions? Never had to do that. If needed I'll get a Montana box and transfer it there.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Just something to keep in mind. When I had my deleted Golf, I was well aware I had committed a criminal act by removing emissions treatment devices. If you're not prepared to pay the piper....