2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - The Yetti

Yetti

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Hi all, I'm new around here. I introduced myself over in the introduction thread, but I wanted to share some pictures of our newly acquired 2013 Sportwagen TDI that we refer to as the Yetti. I really have no idea why I started calling it that, but the name stuck. I actually started calling it that when my wife's uncle owned the car. He wasn't exactly good for the vehicle. He was anal about the mechanical aspect, but the interior and body suffered a bit, not to mention all the vape schmoo left over after he was living in the car for nearly a year. He gave the car to my wife's parents, and we picked it up because the price was right. Really right. I couldn't pass it up, even if it was disgusting inside. With just over 70K on the odometer, this vehicle has been a good replacement for our tired old college car. Since we got it in late September, I've slowly been making small repairs here and there, which led me to this forum in a round-about sort of way. But I digress. Here's some pictures after a detail I did just after getting it. It isn't perfect, but as I said, the price was right.

And just for kicks and grins, here's the seats out for a deep clean on those carpets.

T1MMBOJONES

Veteran Member
TDI
03 ALH 01M wagon
Looks good! What was it like taking the seats out?
not my car, however mine is literally identical oddly enough. seats are held in by 4 large torx bolts, its faster and easier to remove them then attempting to vacuum around. if you unplug them however you will need vag com or obdeleven to turn the seatbelt light off. it can be done tipping them back while still plugged in.