2013 jetta door lock failure

jettafool

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
I just bought a 2013 jetta 2.5 too fix up (i really am a tdi guy, was a great price), when i lock with the key fob the alarm sets but none of the doors lock, the red light on drivers door comes on and there is clicking in the dash. same thing with opening, just turns off the alarm light. clicking. The trunk doesn't open with either the fob or the switch in the car, no clicking for that. I checked a couple fuses and didn't find a problem, i guess ill go through them all but i'm starting too think it might be a relay, but which one? Can seem to find much info online. Trunk and doors on the same relay? Can't seem to get the key too work in the drivers door either, jammed or the door has been changed and the guy was to lazy to change lock mech lol.
Any ideas appreciated :)

jettafool

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
No suggestions yet? I finally got the tranny in and the car running, seems to be some other issues going on too, like dash wierd (tach/speedo), temp seems wrong... Im starting to think its the BCM (body control module), did anyone ever try resetting one with the old trick, take neg of battery and hook to positive for 15 mins (or I guess leave lights on) to drain all the charges? I know it works on lots of old cars but I read a guy with a BMW tried it and ended up in the stealership with a big headache. I may just get another BCM from kenny with the same #s....
I did get the key working in the door, it only locks and unlocks the drivers door and sets/unsets alarm system.