2013 Golf Price

GrayWagen

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I haven't seen a thread on 2013 Golf pricing so will offer here what I can share based on buying my wife a Blue Graphite Metallic Golf TDI over the weekend.

Date Purchased: 12/1/2012
Configuration: DSG 4 Door with Sunroof/Navigation
Extras: First Aid Kit, Carpet Mats
Price Paid: $26,115
MSRP: $28,585 includes destination
Dealer: Heritage VW Owings Mills, MD

My wife is coming off a 2008 Prius, which she is passing on to our son. We decided between this car and the Prius PlugIn, with its many incentives. Decided on this for driving pleasure, comfort, and the fact that the dealer was very easy to work with and offered attractive pricing. So far, my wife loves the car. It joins my 2011 JSW in the garage.

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
if you're happier with heritage then cool. i would've gotten a 2012 from karen radley or alexandria for cheaper. maybe that's because i walked out of heritage because of their customer service.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
enjoy the car and great deal

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
date Purchased: 9/1/2012
Configuration: 2013 Golf TDI 6MT 4-door base
Extras: monster mats + mud flaps
MSRP: $25,730
Paid : $23,499

HKB3

TDI
2012 Golf w/tech
Heritage = poor customer service, especially their service dept.
I bought my 2010 golf there and went elsewhere for my 2012 golf.

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
Heritage = poor customer service, especially their service dept.
I bought my 2010 golf there and went elsewhere for my 2012 golf.
totally true. when i was shopping for my wife's jsw i wasn't going to pay their invoice price that i already had beat from a different dealership. the sales lady brought her sales manager over to discuss pricing with me because she wasn't doing it. then me and him decided on a price if i bought the car right there. so she started filling out the paperwork and showed me the price we didn't decide on. she then went to get the manager again and he renigged on the price. i can't believe they tried to pull a fast one on me like that. i thanked them for wasting two hours of my time and walked out. i let them know when i got a better deal from a different dealership. they love it when you do stuff like that.

swtlowtdi

TDI
2013 Golf 6M
Purchase date. 11/15/12
Dealer. Riverside VW
2013 Golf 4 door base 6 spd man.
Mileage off the lot 17
Paid. $26,560
Sticker. $26,560

Bought mine 11/15/12 2013 4 door golf black base model from Riverside VW in riverside California and asked for $750 over cost. I put $2000 down and after it all. (Im kinda dumb) i noticed after i signed and drove away. I PAID STICKER PRICE for the car. Its my stupidity for not taking time to look at it. But i paid $26,560 out the door. But i will say that their team were all real nice and helpful and didnt cut my time short. The test drive was awesome and the info about the car was amazing.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
I have the same 4-door 6mt base , my sticker says 25,730, why is yours 26,560?

NRU73

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GOLF TDI Silver, 5 Speed
Purchase Date: 12/1/12
VW Golf 4-door 6MT Nav + Sunroof.
First Aid Kit, Monster Mats.
Price: 26,500

Haggled a little bit. The dealership was okay. Does anyone really enjoy buying cars?:rolleyes:

Although our salesman tried telling us that there was no such thing as a 4 door TDI with a manual trans. :eek:

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
Purchase date. 11/15/12
Dealer. Riverside VW
2013 Golf 4 door base 6 spd man.
Mileage off the lot 17
Paid. $26,560
Sticker. $26,560

Bought mine 11/15/12 2013 4 door golf black base model from Riverside VW in riverside California and asked for $750 over cost. I put $2000 down and after it all. (Im kinda dumb) i noticed after i signed and drove away. I PAID STICKER PRICE for the car. Its my stupidity for not taking time to look at it. But i paid $26,560 out the door. But i will say that their team were all real nice and helpful and didnt cut my time short. The test drive was awesome and the info about the car was amazing.
so that included tax, title, and tags? if so then i wouldn't complain about paying that much. but if you paid those in addition to msrp, you got boned.

swtlowtdi

TDI
2013 Golf 6M
so that included tax, title, and tags? if so then i wouldn't complain about paying that much. but if you paid those in addition to msrp, you got boned.
Yes. Out the door was that price. But my prob was that i said i wanted to pay 750 over cost which is dealer cost. Not sticker price. And i put 2000 down and still came out paying sticker. Lol.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you tell us how much the sticker was not includind taxes, tags, fees, etc.?

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes. Out the door was that price. But my prob was that i said i wanted to pay 750 over cost which is dealer cost. Not sticker price. And i put 2000 down and still came out paying sticker. Lol.
You are right about the dealer cost price. Too many people think they are getting a deal when they pay invoice price, not realizing that's a bit more than dealer cost. As long as your happy.

Got Haggis?

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf DSG
just wanted to say that I've had nothing but great service from Heritage Owings Mills. Bought my 2011 Golf TDI there, good price and great customer service. It sucks that others did not have that same experience.

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
just wanted to say that I've had nothing but great service from Heritage Owings Mills. Bought my 2011 Golf TDI there, good price and great customer service. It sucks that others did not have that same experience.
i'm sure you had a different guy. they guy i spoke with got offended when i wouldn't give him my contact info and just wanted to talk about the car. when i told him i could a deal over $1000 better than his, he told me to go else where. so i did.