2013 Beetle TDI Convertible

vwdeluxe

TDI
2013 Beetle TDI Convertible
This is my first TDI and I am loving it! Kudos to VW for finally dropping this engine into the Beetle Convertible making it the ONLY diesel powered convertible available in the United States! I have been doing some light cosmetic mods and will post more pics when I am done. I have tinted the windows since these initial pics and have custom stripes being installed this week.
Been getting between 39 and 44 MPG on my (mostly highway) commute. One trip, with no traffic and at a steady 65mph, yielded me 46.7 mpg! Awesome.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
oh my! That is a sweet looking beetle! I want one just like it! Do u mind me asking what it cost? Also, can't wait to see your updated pics! Is it a power top?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, the 3-pedal versions of the 'verts have got to be rare as hen's teeth. Congrats on the nice ride, looks great!

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
I'm not a fan of silver in general, but this car and those pictures in particular are striking.

Your fuel economy is on par with if not better than my own ALH hard top! Just amazing with a convertible. :)

Agreed with Oilhammer on the rarity of the 6sp drop top. Good snag.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
a car a GUY could almost love...Beauty. Thanks for sharing. and a shifty one too....Nice.