2012 tdi passat order

TryAndStopUs

TDI
2013 Passat SE w/ Sunroof
Ordered a 2012 passat tdi se sunroof no nav. Apparently it was a few days after the 2012 cutoff so it will be a 2013. It’s been almost 2 months and my dealer has no updates or status on when I’ll get it. No comm or vin numbers. Any chance someone could look up my car in the system to give me an idea? It was ordered at Darcy vw in Joliet, il. Thanks

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
How are the dealers here supposed to look up your car without Comm and/or VIN? :confused:

I'd recommend calling the dealer and trying to get those numbers from them.

TryAndStopUs

TDI
Funny, the manager I'm dealing with still said nothing...called back spoke to a different one, got numbers.
Comm u22852
Said Aug 27 delivery, is that typically accurate? Thanks in advance.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
yeah I'm trying to get an idea of when mine will show up too. I have a VIN or at least a VIN they gave me. lol

Tdi Noobie

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE, 6MT
Mine has a dealer delivery of 9/3, but my sales guy said pre-sold orders typically arrive 7-10 days earlier. Told me it would be late august most likely.

Ordered a hitch for it and it took 3 days from etrailer with free shipping... If anyone is looking for a hitch I have had great luck with them. Fast and easy to deal with.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Funny, the manager I'm dealing with still said nothing...called back spoke to a different one, got numbers.
Comm u22852
Said Aug 27 delivery, is that typically accurate? Thanks in advance.
August 27th? That's just in time to come to TDIFest and have us enable all of the VCDS goodies! Not to mention have an awesome weekend vacation. :D

Glad they were able to find that info for you! :)

DaMidget

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q7 Premium Plus

Here is the status of your vehicle. It has not been built yet, an explanation of the fields:
PVP Order Entry: Order placed
Release to manufacturing: Plant has order queued
Factory inspected CP8: Car is complete and passed final inspection
Ship loaded: Loaded on rail/truck
Port arrived: At final distribution location
Release to carrier (Port): Released to final delivery mechanism, in route to dealer
Dealer delivered: At dealer location

TryAndStopUs

TDI
If I'm reading that correctly, he waited nearly a month after I ordered to submit it? Kind of upsetting, but its almost here so I guess it doesn't matter.

This is my first tdi but not my first diesel. I had a 94 turbo Cummins diesel dodge ram with nearly 400k miles. What "goodies" do you mean? Obviously a pretty vague question as there's probably a lot that can be done, but if you could outline some things that should definitely be done I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Rain sensing wipers & rain auto-close windows and sunroof, enable security system, remote sunroof open, blinker mods (change the number of blinks), DRL changes, seat heater memory and some other stuff. There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum for various VCDS tricks.

jellomania

TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium
hi! I ordered mine a few days before yours I think.. it was a few days before the 2012 cutoff. Anyway.. it never got built.. and 2 weeks ago when I called I was given a delivery date of 9/3. the next day i was told 8/27.. and I called yesterday and it's been bumped up to 8/13.

I've found sometimes it's helpful to speak to more than one person at the dealership.. some are more helpful than others..