2012 Sportwagon TDi

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Hi everyone, im stumped with my wagon.
the car will not start, currently the car is at the dealership, they replaced the electric steering lock as that failed and had to have the car towed there. Now the car will not communicate with the cluster.
the car will go to accessories but when press button to start it just turnes off (push button start)
I have couple fauts U0155 and U0146, i pull the cluster, the wire harness was clean and no corrosion
If anyone has any suggestions. Im stumped

chz17

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta TDI GL 5spd, 2004 jetta TDI PD
U0155,lost communication with instrument panel cluster control module, check IPC power and ground. U0146 lost communication with gateway "A", check power to Gateway module and ground. if you replaced the modules with new one. you need VCDS software to coding it before it can work right.

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
U0155,lost communication with instrument panel cluster control module, check IPC power and ground. U0146 lost communication with gateway "A", check power to Gateway module and ground. if you replaced the modules with new one. you need VCDS software to coding it before it can work right.
I bought a new cluster which arrives today, can't wait to see what will happen. I need to search on how to code the new cluster, haven't gotten to that step yet, hope tonight is the night things happen.
Would you know where to check for power on the IPC, what wires to check, I tried finding a wire diagram online, but I guess my search talents are poor.. lol

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
I think coding the new cluster is going to require a visit to the dealer or renting a genuine vag-tacho cable. I spent a long time trying to code new keys using a clone with no success

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Need to start with the Steering module and see what it is seeing in relation to the key/button position.

What happened originally to it? Just trying to put something in order of what could have caused what. Those buttons are notoriously fragile.

I'd also ask the CAN Gateway what's up.

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Need to start with the Steering module and see what it is seeing in relation to the key/button position.

What happened originally to it? Just trying to put something in order of what could have caused what. Those buttons are notoriously fragile.

This has been a few months in the making. It all started with the car not wanting to start, but cycling the battery would get me started (only when temps were below ~40f outside). after a few days of random starting and not starting, eventually, the alternator was no longer charging. I bought a new alternator, but while starting to work on the car, I decided I did not have the time so when I put things back (I just pulled the battery), the car went into Imoobilizer active, with the steering wheel locked. I took it to an Indi, but he could do anything with it, so it was towed to the dealer.
the dealer replaced the steering wheel lock, added a second key as I only had one, then we got to where we are now, where the cluster does not want to talk with the key.
Last night I did swap out the cluster (I have one key) at the dealership, but now, I will need the dealer to reprogram the key as mentioned I do not have the proper cable to program the key. I hope this new to the car used cluster will work ok.
I'll find out hopefully today, if they can program the keys.