2012 SEL Backup (RVC) Camera Installation

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Someone just double check me for my sanity. I purchased a kit on ebay, the RGB kit, for my car. Install it, code it, get the screen, but initial signs showed a quick flash to a black screen most of the time, a "functioning" black screen some of the time, and a crazed green screen some of the time. Worked with the seller, got a new harness shipped. Test installed that today, and I get a fully functional but black screen on reverse every time now. Acts exactly as if it's got a camera and is working, with no picture.
Power is in the fuse box on the open fuse via an add a fuse. Ground has been tried both on the reverse light ground, and under the rear deck (current location). Signal is drivers side reverse light. I have verified good power (BAT), Ground, and Signal (BAT) via a DVM.

Coding was done either via Navigation or via Radio, Byte 3 Bit 6 enabled, and tried the 0B, 01, and 11 codes at the end (Passat NMS, Passat, and Variant/Wagon respectively) per suggestions elsewhere with no change on any of them.

Could it be anything else other than the camera at this point??

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I'd check grounds, if the head unit display changes once in reverse, the coding took. Now it's a mater of verifying power & ground and signal wire to the camera is proper.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
I'd check grounds, if the head unit display changes once in reverse, the coding took. Now it's a mater of verifying power & ground and signal wire to the camera is proper.
That's what I'm getting at. I've checked everything and verified good power, ground, and signal to the camera at the harness. I'm just trying to see if I missed something or if it's a bad camera like I suspect.