2012 JSW/Golf Variant 2.0 TDI timing issue

kecneb

TDI
Golf mk4 PD ASZ
Hi,

I have a JSW/Golf Variant 2.0 TDI 140hp(CFH) from 2012. After the timing replacement appear a whining sound around the HPFP, just around 900rpm.
It is a Contitech timing set with water pump and all of the rollers. The timing and the belt tightening are on mark. We set the belt tightening looser, but the sound does not changed.
I found a similar sounded video on youtube:

Have you any advice or tips?

Thanks!

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
i beleive personally that there is a run of these contitech and ina belts that are noisy i had his very issue and replaced it with a gates t342 and no whine now . just my .02. i dont personally believe the whine is ecceptable as mentiioned by some others in a different venue especially when they dont make any noise before the belt service

kecneb

TDI
Golf mk4 PD ASZ
You only changed the belt or with the roller and tensioner? The sound noticed only around 900 rpm or also at higher rpm?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
i beleive personally that there is a run of these contitech and ina belts that are noisy i had his very issue and replaced it with a gates t342 and no whine now . just my .02. i dont personally believe the whine is ecceptable as mentiioned by some others in a different venue especially when they dont make any noise before the belt service
Any notable belt life issues with conti yet?