2012 jetta EGT sensor doesnt work 1 day after replacement

sam23

TDI
2012 CJAA
I got the trouble code p2478 and from what I found is that it's the 1st egt sensor (before the turbo) so I figured I'd just go ahead and replace it. I took the car for about a 20 minute drive and it was working because the car did the regen for the dpf. I got in the car to go to work the next day and the sensor had quit working already and it wont do a regen now. Could it be a bad sensor already or something else?
Thank you

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
I mean, wouldnt be the first time Ive seen a brand new part fail. Id just quickly check the wiring for any possible exposed wires. If everything checks okay, Maybe see if there is an exhaust leak right around the area like at the clamp at the turbo. If all checks out, Id say try and throw another sensor in. Id assume that it would be a warranty part since its only been 1 day.

sam23

TDI
2012 CJAA
I mean, wouldnt be the first time Ive seen a brand new part fail. Id just quickly check the wiring for any possible exposed wires. If everything checks okay, Maybe see if there is an exhaust leak right around the area like at the clamp at the turbo. If all checks out, Id say try and throw another sensor in. Id assume that it would be a warranty part since its only been 1 day.
I fixed the p2015 code and it took care of the egt sensor issue