2012 Gti seats in a Jetta

Tunedanddeleted

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Hey all, My seats are cloth and ugly and I've found some GLI seats in mint shape for a sweet price, will they will be a direct fit bolt on? Seats are from 2012 GLI and my car is a 2012 TDI. Thanks

YoursTruly

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Are they the same as far as power/manual options?

They should bolt to the floor pan just fine, but they likely contain airbags, so this process must be done carefully.

You must disconnect the battery and wait for the system to fully return to 0V because capacitors can hold potential voltage for a several minutes after you unhook a power source. Remove the battery from the car and wait at least 15 minutes.

Once you do that, you should be able to unplug the airbag harness from your stock seat and connect up the GLI seat without issue or causing an airbag light.

Tunedanddeleted

TDI
2012 Jetta tdi
Are they the same as far as power/manual options?

They should bolt to the floor pan just fine, but they likely contain airbags, so this process must be done carefully.

You must disconnect the battery and wait for the system to fully return to 0V because capacitors can hold potential voltage for a several minutes after you unhook a power source. Remove the battery from the car and wait at least 15 minutes.

Once you do that, you should be able to unplug the airbag harness from your stock seat and connect up the GLI seat without issue or causing an airbag light.
Yes, they are the same other than my original seats are cloth and the GLI ones are black leather with red stitching. Both heated, both with airbags and both manual. Thank you for the help, looking forward to the swap.