2011 West Coast GTG; Sometimes Erroneously Referred to as "WestFest"

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Could both troublesome girls from the East be there, Zippy????

It would be so much fun to see you!
Absolutely! Day off have been secured, just debating on flying vs driving. That'll depend on pricing and driving buddy's.

PDX, hold on to your hats.... east coast girls are headin' your way. :eek:

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Absolutely! Day off have been secured, just debating on flying vs driving. That'll depend on pricing and driving buddy's.
PDX, hold on to your hats.... east coast girls are headin' your way. :eek:
Gotta a sleeper sofa with your names on it if you guys need it. I'm about 20-30 minutes from Rich's garage......
Soexcitedyoucanmakeit!!!!!!!!:D
~Keli

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Gotta a sleeper sofa with your names on it if you guys need it. I'm about 20-30 minutes from Rich's garage......
Soexcitedyoucanmakeit!!!!!!!!:D
~Keli

Need a couple of more people to operate the fans and to peel grapes for the two ladies.

fixumrich

The Periodontist
TDI
2001 bug
Thanks to all who are attending should be fun . Really wanna make it more of just a social GTG . Good friends food and conversation . Zip ! you are coming Awesome and I thought you hated me . Gee what do I know . Aaron one more thing you forgot about having a petting Zoo too ! lol . peace out Rich ..

Last edited:

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
WHAT!!! I missed out on a rematch last year and again this year.... No way!!! you have to come to this one Jetta Girl so I can get a rematch this year .... I have still not recovered from the woppin you gave me two years ago ... ;)
lol Pierre... I'm tryin real hard to make it so we can come down... but I probably won't be racing. :( You win this year, I'll even up the score next year. :D
I'll let you know for sure as we get closer to the date if we'll be there or not... fingers are crossed!
~JG

77 K20

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg TDI LUX
Any words of wisdom for filling up with diesel in Portland? Or is it better to go up to Vancouver and fill up there?

I love Oregon, but hate not being to fill up my own car. I keep picturing some kid blasting as much diesel in as possible and I get a tank full of foam and it getting spilled all over the side of the car.

I did hear a rumor that since diesel isn't a class 1 liquid or something like that, you can fill it yourself?

Lastly- what are the ages of some of the kids that will be there? I was thinking of bringing my 6 year old daughter- but don't want her to be bored to tears.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I was wandering if anyone from Eastern Washington was going to go? I am not able to make it due to harvest, but if someone somewhat local to me was going I was going to see if you could bring back a part for me. I need two radiator fans and blizzard60 was willing to bring them down across the border for me.

If there are any takers please let me know. I need to let blizzard know one way or the other.

Thanks,
Michael

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Any words of wisdom for filling up with diesel in Portland? Or is it better to go up to Vancouver and fill up there?

I love Oregon, but hate not being to fill up my own car. I keep picturing some kid blasting as much diesel in as possible and I get a tank full of foam and it getting spilled all over the side of the car.

I did hear a rumor that since diesel isn't a class 1 liquid or something like that, you can fill it yourself?

Lastly- what are the ages of some of the kids that will be there? I was thinking of bringing my 6 year old daughter- but don't want her to be bored to tears.
You should be fine... Clearly state diesel and watch to make sure they grab the green nozzle. You can self serve diesel, some stations require you to pump your own diesel, and others just don't know the law..
When I fill up I have them start it and I tell them I will finish it. I get out when it starts getting close to full and take over my filling routine.

O.C.

77 K20

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg TDI LUX
Well- bad news for me. Got my vacation cancelled so I will be unable to attend. On the bright side they are sending me to Austria. I get to drive from Munich to Salzburg for 2 weeks.
Hope to catch the next one.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather

I always fill my own tank. I just hop out & say "I'll get that for you!" Works every time... so far.

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Spice Red TDI Jetta, 2006.5 DSG Platinum Gray TDI
I always fill my own tank. I just hop out & say "I'll get that for you!" Works every time... so far.
Yeah, it isn't against the law to fill a diesel in Oregon, just a gasser.

+1 for the GTG, don't know if I will be having anything done. Maybe 60k service, I am a couple hundred over right now. I might switch to the TDT this time since I am finally out of warranty.

I am also looking for the cargo holder that attaches to the factory rack if anyone is selling one. I already have the base bars.

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
ON AUGUST 6th, I AM COMING TO HANG OUT, AND MAYBE WORK ON MY OWN CAR AND MAYBE HELP OTHERS :
1. BleachedBora + 2x Adults, 1x Child
2. JetPuf + 1x adult, 1x child
3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Farfromovin + 1 adult
6. Oldpoopie
7. Ed's TDI
8. Whatnxt
9. NewTDI
10. bhutchins
11. brnsgrbr
12. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
13. Dean
14. Power_Not_Speed
15. Bugget
16. Dok
17. cmitchell
18. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
19. Jimwsea
20. timirving
21. 77K20
22. Gregnew2TDI
23. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
24. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
I NEED A NEW WINDSHIELD - This is a feeler
1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell
COSMETIC VEHICLE SERVICES

I WANT TO HAVE DENTS REMOVED - Feeler
1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI
I WANT TO HAVE WINDOWS TINTED
1. BleachedBora
2. Farfromovin
3. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

I AM INTERESTED IN DOING SOME DRAG RACING IF A TRACK IS AVAILABLE
1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax
I WOULD LIKE TO POSSIBLY GET MY CAR DYNOED - if we get enough interest we can organize this.
1. timirving
I WANT TO GO MTB RIDING - one of the bikers can organize this
1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax
3. timirving (I do off-road unicycling but can help find some trails and will be riding my uni)
I WANT TO GO SKYDIVING:
---COST IS $170 CASH IF WE GET 6 OR MORE THAT WANT TO DO THIS---
I AM COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN AND I NEED A HOTEL ROOM - BleachedBora can get corporate rates at hotels:
PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WANT TO SHARE A ROOM

To have your name put on the list please just reply without quote and state which activities you would like to attend.

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I won't be able to commit to the windshield replacement and dent repair as friends from Hawaii are due here next week for the summer visit. I don't know how long they'll be here but usually until they get tired of drinking and fishing. And drinking.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I won't be able to commit to the windshield replacement and dent repair as friends from Hawaii are due here next week for the summer visit. I don't know how long they'll be here but usually until they get tired of drinking and fishing. And drinking.
Well, we'll be able to take care of half of that at the GTG, RE the fishing, you are on your own..... :eek:

qhartman

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon w/ chainectomy
Just found this thread, sounds like fun! I'll be there on the 6th to hang out. I'd be interested in dent removal (I have a ding in my hood that bugs the hell out of me), tinting, and maybe chipping if I have budget left for it.

GregNew2TDI

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan SOLD.
I want to replace the driver's side seat cushion. I have the replacement cushion, just worried I'll end up making the airbag in the seat deploy once I start mucking around. Has anyone made the switch successfully before and could provide some guidance?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I want to replace the driver's side seat cushion. I have the replacement cushion, just worried I'll end up making the airbag in the seat deploy once I start mucking around. Has anyone made the switch successfully before and could provide some guidance?
Greg, While I have not done this, I "THINK' I would disconnect the battery if I were concerned about setting off an air bag. "THINK" it takes an electrical signal to detonate an air bag.

GregNew2TDI

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS TDI Sedan SOLD.
Greg, While I have not done this, I "THINK' I would disconnect the battery if I were concerned about setting off an air bag. "THINK" it takes an electrical signal to detonate an air bag.
I was "thinking" that as well. I may just get a professional to do it to make it aesthetically pleasing.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I was wandering if anyone from Eastern Washington was going to go? I am not able to make it due to harvest, but if someone somewhat local to me was going I was going to see if you could bring back a part for me. I need two radiator fans and blizzard60 was willing to bring them down across the border for me.

If there are any takers please let me know. I need to let blizzard know one way or the other.

Thanks,
Michael
So, I am assuming that since no one has responded that no one is going to be coming through the Spokane area? It would really help me out of someone was.

TGOLF

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW Black/Cream, 2000 Golf silver/black
Add me to the list. I've been away for many years, last GTG was to put an UPsolute chip in my 1999.5, which yes I still have...

I would like to do some wrenching with some guru's over my shoulder and some help with a few tools. :D

What I want to do is Transmission fluid service. I have the filter, etc. and want to talk over a possible 01m to 5/6speed swap options.
I think my 01m is going (225k), but want to try the service first...

Need to put new rear brakes pads on, just need the 'tool' if someone will have that available..Great.

My brother in law lives in West Linn, so I can come down early Thursday / Friday to Fix-um Haus if that is more appropriate, since it sounds like this is more 'fest' then wrenching.
Look forward to reconnecting and meeting new TDI'ers.

Please advise...

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Yes this is more fest then wrenching. We need to get some food organized too, I can bring a couple bags of burger patties from Costco :).

I'll have the usual car full of parts, but any special requests please ask so I can have it there.

-BB

ON AUGUST 6th, I AM COMING TO HANG OUT, AND MAYBE WORK ON MY OWN CAR AND MAYBE HELP OTHERS :
3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Farfromovin + 1 adult
6. Oldpoopie
7. Ed's TDI
8. Whatnxt
9. NewTDI
10. bhutchins
11. brnsgrbr
12. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
13. Dean
14. Power_Not_Speed
15. Bugget
16. Dok
17. cmitchell
18. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
19. Jimwsea
20. timirving
21. 77K20
22. Gregnew2TDI
23. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
24. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
25. qhartman
26. tgolf

1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell

1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI

1. BleachedBora
2. Farfromovin
3. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax
I WOULD LIKE TO POSSIBLY GET MY CAR DYNOED - if we get enough interest we can organize this.
1. timirving

1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax
3. timirving (I do off-road unicycling but can help find some trails and will be riding my uni)

I AM COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN AND I NEED A HOTEL ROOM - BleachedBora can get corporate rates at hotels:

To have your name put on the list please just reply without quote and state which activities you would like to attend.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Looks like work has different plans for me and it's too short notice now to take vacation days. I'm out... :(

3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Oldpoopie
6. Ed's TDI
7. Whatnxt
8. NewTDI
9. bhutchins
10. brnsgrbr
11. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
12. Dean
13. Power_Not_Speed
14. Bugget
15. Dok
16. cmitchell
17. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
18. Jimwsea
19. timirving
20. 77K20
21. Gregnew2TDI
22. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
23. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
24. qhartman
25. tgolf

1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell

1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI

1. BleachedBora
2. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax
1. timirving

1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Going to Fest from Eastern WA.

So, I am assuming that since no one has responded that no one is going to be coming through the Spokane area? It would really help me out of someone was.
I just got back from Cabo, Mexico and didn't see your post until today. I will be going to fest from Yakima, WA. Still 3 hours away from you but that is better than 6 to PDX. I don't recall ever seeing anyone at a Northwest event from Spokane or Richland/Kennewick/Pasco.

I may be in Spokane on August 17th also..

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I may drive the 1981 pickup this year. I've been a member here since 2006 and haven't taken it to a GTG yet.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
The I need a new windshield field was labeled "feeler". Any word on whether or not this is going to happen?