2012 JSW

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I think you have routine maintenance plus a DPF. I come up with a little over $2000 in parts if done DIY, more than half is the DPF. Probably 4 solid days DIY labour.
If you don’t want to pay $5-6000 for someone else to do the work, then keep it or if you don’t think you could absolutely sell at a profit once maintenance is completed, then I think you should just sell as is for whatever you can get.

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
Dude don't blow smoke, parts for all this stuff is way more than 2 grand, and if you aren't a pro vw mechanic with all the crazy special tools, and a garage space to do all this stuff in, just the 3 major repairs aren't a diy project for anyone.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I’m only an amateur, but I’ve done all those repairs myself quite successfully. I can also look up parts prices.

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
An amateur, but with all the tools, a garage, and the savvy to do all these repairs. I think you're underselling yourself. And apparently someone's underselling their parts! :D

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
No he's got the parts pricing pretty correct, go look for yourself... A dpf direct from idparts themselves is 1045 USD... The other parts are not that expensive

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Yes, the CJAA thermostat is pricey. 2.7hr labor, plus the part itself, plus I always do the plastic pipe that can break. Maybe not quite 800, but not far off. Timing belt is closer to 1100.

Dealer would generally be the most expensive place to have these done.

Of course, the DPF is even more.
Do you have the PN for that plastic pipe?

I am going to be replacing the thermostat next month as I will be in there putting a oil cooler on... Might as well replace the decade old plastic pipe too, to make sure I am in good standing

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
Do you have the PN for that plastic pipe?

I am going to be replacing the thermostat next month as I will be in there putting a oil cooler on... Might as well replace the decade old plastic pipe too, to make sure I am in good standing

And consider the oil dipstick tube as they break pretty easy too