2011 JSW Cent Elec & Cent Conv Comunication Faults

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
2011 JSW DSG with Pano
All I wanted to do was make the windows open/close, and make the gauges sweep. Why, oh why is that too much to ask???

Sweep: I probably have the wrong cluster for it, didn't investigate yet, no biggie, just would have been cool.

But the point of the thread is that I need a hand figureing out why I have communication faults to the subjected modules. Address 09 and address 46. Not sure if the 09 is normal or not, but the 46 i definitely cannot connect to. I was going to make the keyfob open and close the windows.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: None
VCID: 55A18325BC8422B6975
No Faults found
or DTCs not supported by controller
or a communication error occured

Address 46: Central Conv.
Cannot be reached

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nwarner2010

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
For the guage sweep trying looking under adapation, then under instruments if I remember correctly. I got mine working by using the adaption settings. Believe it was called cluster staging or something along those lines. I can have a look for you if you can't get it.

Fantasiamon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 2.0L TDI
For the guage sweep trying looking under adapation, then under instruments if I remember correctly. I got mine working by using the adaption settings. Believe it was called cluster staging or something along those lines. I can have a look for you if you can't get it.

There are two ways of doing the instrument sweep. If Indicator Celebration does not work then try the gauge sweep as mentioned above.

I can confirm that 2013 US JSW TDI with Pano Roof (no Nav) that it is "Indicator Celebration" that I had to enable (I know you're 2011 though...)

Remember that you will not be able to connect or communicate with many modules if you're in the car, with the car running and THE DOORS LOCKED. You need to be sure you crack the door open or unlock them for many coding changes to be enabled or even to communicate with those specific modules. I had this initial problem the first time I played with my coding.

I'm running the following other tweeks so anyone with same model knows what might work and what doesn't.

Indicator Celebration, DRL disable/enable through MFA (I run city lights and fog lights manually via Euro Swtich instead), comfort signals to 5 blinks, seat belt chime off, key fob window and roof up and down.

Sent using TapaTapaTalkeeTalk

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
09 is the correct module, 46 does not exist any more. More info here:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Golf_Plus_%285K/52%29_Tweaks

I also tried to activate the gauge sweep but my cluster does not support it. It is in the cluster as "celebration" or something like that. Mine came up "function not supported".
OK, yes, no 46 anymore, and use the 09 to change the comfort key fob open/closing of things.

It took a second to think trough which ones to check and uncheck and the wording and items that cld be checked and unchecked were vastly diferent than the one How To thread I found. I got it working though! Thanks!

I get "function not supported" for both celebration and staging.
So no dice for me with the gauge sweep. :-(

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Remember that you will not be able to connect or communicate with many modules if you're in the car, with the car running and THE DOORS LOCKED. You need to be sure you crack the door open or unlock them for many coding changes to be enabled or even to communicate with those specific modules. I had this initial problem the first time I played with my coding.
And I had all doors unlocked, car not running, and the drivers door open, and was then able to communicate with 09.
Thanks for the tip.

(I probably need to start reading on the vagcom wiki site before trying to do things!)