2011 Jetta tdi help

Tmoore

TDI
2011 Jetta
Hi I’m looking at buying a Jetta. I am a diesel mechanic and was looking at this one Jetta that isent running. It has 2 dtc. One is p1007 torque difference cyl. 4 and a p0087 low fuel rail pressure. I was wondering if this combination of codes points a specific problem such as a bad injector on cyl 4 and or the p1007 set because of a bad high pressure fuel pump. I’m new to Volkswagen so not very familiar with diag On them I work on heavy duty truck and ag. Hate to buy it and have the engine be shot

TRad

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI trimline
Hi I’m looking at buying a Jetta. I am a diesel mechanic and was looking at this one Jetta that isent running. It has 2 dtc. One is p1007 torque difference cyl. 4 and a p0087 low fuel rail pressure. I was wondering if this combination of codes points a specific problem such as a bad injector on cyl 4 and or the p1007 set because of a bad high pressure fuel pump. I’m new to Volkswagen so not very familiar with diag On them I work on heavy duty truck and ag. Hate to buy it and have the engine be shot
FIXED P0087 Fuel Rail/System pressure too Low followed by misfire injector codes P1004 P1006 P1007 P1005. We have been chasing this intermittent recurring problem for almost a YEAR! finally found the problem. Bad fuel temperature sensor! *** it never failed bad enough to generate an out of range error. This was a process of elimination, throwing expensive parts at the problem and this was the last component in the fuel system to be replaced! Thats right first filter, then HPFP regulator, tank pump, then intermediate pump, then a new HPFP, then 4 new injectors, then the rail pressure sensor and last the easy and cheap temp sensor which should have been replaced first. So if you have the glow plug light flash and CEL on and it goes limp on you. Before replacing the HPFP swap out the fuel filter then try the fuel temperature sensor. it is the cheapest component to start with, it reads only 1-2 ohms of resistance when new and cold. Once it gets old and heats up it can be over 400ohms.
I really hope this helps other people plagued by this high pressure fuel system fault. VW Part number 03L919824C 2011-2018 VW Jetta MK6 TDI Fuel Temperature Sender OEM 03L919824C $40