2011 jetta TDI. Clutch and flywheel replacements

Cmore

TDI
2005 Jetta. Gone, suicide Deer. 2011 Jetta.
Clutch failed and the DMF also has excessive movement. Does or dont's. Replace with DMF or SMF. I'm seeing chatter about the SMF conversion causing Transmission failures???? Both are back ordered, But the DMF is several more weeks B/O.....

evansjl

TDI
2012 Jetta
I just had my clutch and flywheel replaced. all the options were crazy to go through. Dealership wanted $3000+ to replace. I called several shops that wanted about that much until I found a a couple that would do it for the $1600 range. I stuck with the DMF. Went with a Luk DMF123 and a Luk clutch 02-057 which I bought for about $600 and found a shop that put them in. I haven't driven it much since because I have another problem with my brakes but I think the clutch is fine. Before I found this option and I was at the $3000 range, I found performance clutches that were in the $1800-$2100 range installed. My concern with the SMF was putting stress on other items and it is a daily driver not driven for sport so I stayed stock. I'm not planning on moding it out. If you do plan to mod it out, I would suggest the SMF (performance) because they hold more torque than other. Not sure about the advantage of SMF for a stock situation. my 0.02. Tough call. Took tons of time and research on my part.

Cmore

TDI
2005 Jetta. Gone, suicide Deer. 2011 Jetta.
Update,. After finally receiving my DMF kit ( luk) . And some patients. I was able to get the clutch and transmission back into the car. Took me three hours to stab the input shaft. Several times I just wanted to push the car off the jack stands and call the wrecker. But I got it in. I'm glad I waited for the DMF. This is only a daily driver. I have $1000.00 in parts. My labor.