2011 Golf, I need some insight on some issues.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
First of all it's not my car, but I am considering buying it. A friend of mine looked at this 2011 Golf, fairly clean , no rust and a little less than 150k miles. My friend decided not to buy the car but was telling me about it, I have not seen the car in person yet.

The seller says brakes and rotors should be ok, and it has a new clutch and that they would get it inspected before the sale. Apparently the car will not pass inspection (PA) because of the struts, shocks and a big oil leak down the front of the engine. I'm repeating what my friend told me about it after going to see it. Also he said the clutch doesn't seem to work right despite being new.

I have never even been next to the MK6 platform cars, I know next to nothing about them, the brakes, clutch, shocks and struts are all just bargining chips to a lower price the way I see it, however that oil leak is the unknown. Would that be associated with a failing HPFP or something else equally as serious? While I know a bit about the MK4 platform I'm not at all familiar with the newer models.

Any insight from you guys with MK6 experience would be extremely helpful especially about that oil leak.