2011 Cjaa stand alone tuning / immobilizer delete

deloreanlumberjack

TDI
2011 Jetta Sedan, 1997 Passat Wagon
Hey guys,

I tried using the search function to come up with the answer, but couldn't find what I needed.

I'm attempting to swap a cjaa into a project car. I've got the engine pulled and am in the process of freeing up the wiring harness from the car. I believe the previous owner told me the computer had a stage 2 tune and a stealth emissions delete. On top of that I would like to delete the immobilizer.

I have watched a fella on YouTube who swapped the engine into his 2011 caravan and he retained the cluster and key cylinder. I assume he did this because he did not delete the immobilizer.

Do any of you know or can point me in the direction of the best way to reduce wiring and eliminate stuff unnecessary to a stand alone swap?

Thanks
Deloreanlumberjack

Alberta 7.3

TDI
CBEA Ranger under construction
You may want to contact Kerma or Malone about it, they might be able to find the original tune via the VIN and add the immobilzer delete to the tune for you. At present I'm working on a CBEA swap with a Malone tune and was able to delete all the external modules the ECU was looking for and had the immobilizer removed.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
I already have swapped a CJAA standalone, All you need is the EDC17 unit, the engine wiring harness, some of body wiring harness, accelerator pedal and the relays and there associated plugs to make it all run. Will need a tune to eliminate the immobilizer, as well as equipment you leave behind on the donor car (I'll let you guess which). I sell a CANBUS mirror that gives you a tach signal, CEL and GLOW lamps, as well as cruise control function.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I already have swapped a CJAA standalone, All you need is the EDC17 unit, the engine wiring harness, some of body wiring harness, accelerator pedal and the relays and there associated plugs to make it all run. Will need a tune to eliminate the immobilizer, as well as equipment you leave behind on the donor car (I'll let you guess which). I sell a CANBUS mirror that gives you a tach signal, CEL and GLOW lamps, as well as cruise control function.
You made delicately worded art out of this post.

Alberta 7.3

TDI
CBEA Ranger under construction
I might be interested in a CAN bus doohickey for MIL and GP indicators. What are you doing for VSS without the ABS controller?