2011 Candy White TDI with aftermarket wheels and snow tires

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
Hey guys, just picked up my first VW and my first TDI!
The weather in New England has been crazy lately, so I picked up a set of snow tires and wheels from tire rack.
In case someone here is also interested in getting some wheels, here are my specs:
- 17x7.5 45mm offset Moda MD12
- 225/45R17 Dunlop Graspics DS-3
It's the same exact spec as the factory TDI wheels.
These pics were taken outside of a tint shop. I was waiting for the shop to open. I ended up with 35% smoke tint all around. Will take more pics with the tint and with the car a little cleaner.

wutbürger

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 CW Golf 4dr 6mt
Looks great! Picked up the same car about a week ago, you might have just convinced me on 35% for my car! Any more pics??

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
Looks great! Picked up the same car about a week ago, you might have just convinced me on 35% for my car! Any more pics??

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I only took one pic at the wash. Will take more later in the week if it is nice out.

35% is the legal limit here in CT for the front and rear doors. There's no limitation for the hatch though, but I think it looks better if they all match. So I went with 35% all around.

Go with 35! any darker may look "ghetto" IMHO. :D

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
you opted for much bigger wheels than me.. I have 15s on mine.. your setup looks much more stylish

SRT4Johnny

TDI
2010 Golf TDI White 4 door 6 speed
Looks real good man I was contemplating doing that as well with all that snow we've had. Looks like Ive got a twin in town now too :D