2011 2.0 TDI on WVO?

Vanislejay

TDI
2011 2.6 mk6 VW Golf wagon
Does anyone know if a 2011 2.0 TDI can run easily on WVO?
Any tips or tricks specific to the car?

Last edited:

Vanislejay

TDI
Ah yes, I was wrong and just assumed it was a 1.9 (I just bought it this morning) I editid the thread title and original post.

It's a 2.0 TDI

Do you mean WVO isn't good for this particular common rail, or you mean all common rail TD engines?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
WVO isn't good for any common rail diesel. Anything over 20% processed Biodiesel is going to have serious problems.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Get a little super heated water coming out of the direct injection and watch how long things last. The indirect injection of old doesnt have that issue.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Kinda like how WD40 causes cancer JUST in California....

To the OP: if you have to ask, then no, no you cannot.

Last edited:

Vanislejay

TDI
Get a little super heated water coming out of the direct injection and watch how long things last. The indirect injection of old doesnt have that issue.
These types problems are related to processing the WVO, not the common rail. I have a friend who did probably 200,000 miles on WVO sprinter that had a common rail, but he always carefully processed his WVO. I'm not claiming the 2.0 TDI likes WVO or anything of the sort, just sounds like a bunch of WVO haters in here haha.

Lots of people do a poor conversion and poorly process their fuel and then claim it's not possible or a bad idea, when the problem was the conversion or the fuel processing.

@oilhammer I have to ask because I have only personally converted a 2.4 transporter, and a Cummins in a Dodge van. Everyone has to ask to begin with.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
No diesel "likes" it. I prefer to run them on what they were designed to run on. They have enough problems even with that.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Just sourcing the WVO seems like a lot of work. Let alone operation issues. I bought an IDI Volvo years ago with the intention of doing a greasecar conversion, but collecting enough oil was too much of a pita.

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Just sourcing the WVO seems like a lot of work. Let alone operation issues. I bought an IDI Volvo years ago with the intention of doing a greasecar conversion, but collecting enough oil was too much of a pita.
It was pretty easy around here till the filta type companies started popping up, and recycling companies started to pay for fry oil. Kinda changed the landscape over night.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Same here. Last place I got mine from was my work cafeteria. But they had to tap mine off before dumping. When that dried up it was the end. I was making bio at the time.