2010 JSW to Replace 05 Passat Wag

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
I am looking @ a 2010 JSW to replace my passat wagon that was totaled in a rear-end accident.

It seems mechanically pretty sound. Drove really well with clean up & downshifts (DSG), good braking and what-not. Has 135K on the clock. Decent tires. Guy is asking $6500.

It was a bit slow to crank when i started it although it has a newish battery. I believe it has 4 or 5 years left on the extended warranty. A few bumps and bruises, but nothing major. One big thing is the sunroof screen is sagging and really shotty looking but the sunroof works as it should. How concerned should i be about this? I'll be doing some searching around about this stuff, but in the mean time, school me up on this car. What to look out for, etc.

Thanks!

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I am looking @ a 2010 JSW to replace my passat wagon that was totaled in a rear-end accident.

It seems mechanically pretty sound. Drove really well with clean up & downshifts (DSG), good braking and what-not. Has 135K on the clock. Decent tires. Guy is asking $6500.

It was a bit slow to crank when i started it although it has a newish battery. I believe it has 4 or 5 years left on the extended warranty. A few bumps and bruises, but nothing major. One big thing is the sunroof screen is sagging and really shotty looking but the sunroof works as it should. How concerned should i be about this? I'll be doing some searching around about this stuff, but in the mean time, school me up on this car. What to look out for, etc.

Thanks!
I can relate I replaced my 04 passat with a 11 JSW. I miss the size mostly. The DPFand its workings was another thing. But overall i love the JSW 6sp.

The 2010 extended warranty emmisions portion would be up i believe. My 2011 will be up 2/21 .I believe dieselgate mandated 10 years from inservice date or X amount of miles which ever comes first. To me to emmisions is the big ticket one. The CPO had several other separate warranties, all different end dates. All have $50 deductibles unlike the 0 deductale emmisions.

You may want to think of finding a newer 11 thru 14 as the major emission portion is still active if that's your goal. For my i got basically a new emmisssion system (CPO) and warranty covered a few items like glow plugs then put a clean burning non delete tune on to preserve the PDF. I may or may not have my couple mo.'s of remaining emmisions warranty if needed but I'd rather have saved my DPF than chanced it goes bad within that time.