2010 JSW sunshade issue

TDI Pete

TDI
2010 JSW DSG 6 Platinum Grey Metallic Black Pleather interior
2010 JSW with pano roof, the sunshade has packed up and will not open or close. it is currently 3/4 of the way in the open position. The glass roof works perfectly tilt/open/close. As all of you probably are aware the fuse guide on page 321 of the manual has a lot to be desired and the entire manual is quite vague on a lot of subjects...Do any of you out there have any suggestions about a possible fix or have a source for a more definitive fuse diagram? Thanks in advance and I'll respond. TDI P

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The only manual I have that shows the Sportwagen sunroof is for a 2009, but it is probably the same for a 2010. It shows that the fuse for the sunroof shade motor is in the fuse box SC (the one on the left end of the dashboard, inside the car) and it is fuse #39

There is also a sunroof reset procedure that might help: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3119004&postcount=46

if that doesn't work, try this: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2668186&postcount=4

As you can see, others have had weird pano sunroof and shade issues.

It is also possible to manually open or close your sunshade with a hex wrench, but unfortunately you have to partially remove the headliner at the rear of the roof to get access to the motor. Good Luck.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

TDI Pete

TDI
2010 JSW DSG 6 Platinum Grey Metallic Black Pleather interior
JSWTDI09, Thanks for the quick answer. It worked. Too bad the VW Owners Manuals don't go far enough. I replaced the fuse, closed the sunshade and then held the button in the close position for 20 seconds, shade partially opened, paused then closed. All is good. Thanks so much for the assist. :D