2010 jsw dpf light

4running

TDI
none
Good morning,

My 2010 JSW with 246k now has a DPF light on in addition to the flashing glow plug light and a check engine light.

I know I have a bad EGT sensor as well as a clogged EGR and I also have a cracked DPF because for the last year or so I have had soot in the tail pipe.

Now that this DPF light is on, how long can I drive the car before before it goes into limp mode?

If my DPF is cracked it should never actually clog right?

4running

TDI
none
Hi-

Thanks for the reply! I actually found that string you linked to when I had a code for my EGR.

I am not looking to replace the DPF, or any of the stuff.

I am wondering how much longer I can drive with a cracked DPF that has the DPF light on.

Can I run a few more months yet? Or am I a few tanks of fuel away from being in limp home mode?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I think 264k is close to normal time to need the DPF cleaned or replaced.

if you choose to keep driving it, my guess is this is not a great long term choice.

once the computer thinks the dpf has over 48 g or so of soot, it will not let any regenerations happen, so soot will build up and sooner or later give you driveability issues.

I would want to see the soot estimates from the computer, and assess from there.

might want to keep a cell phone with you, and perhaps have a towing plan or cash in hand