2010 JSW Bluetooth Upgrade??

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I have a 2010 JSW with RCD510 and factory bluetooth.
A while back I received a class lawsuit letter which let me upgrade my bluetooth system to support voice control.
Unfortunately it's not the nicest thing to use and I ended up still need to operate on my phone a lot to dial.
A week ago I rented a 2013 JSW gas version on vacation, although it is not as powerful, and missing a lot of features, I do love its bluetooth with which I can select the contact on MFD and dial with steering wheel.
My question is, can I enable MFD display with my existing system? Is it as simple as setting some parameters in VCDS? If I need to upgrade to a different module, what do I need?
Thanks!

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
Search for 9w7. I just upgraded my 10 jsw from the 9w2 it came with. Much much better functionality. Its basically plug and play. Unless you want voice control, then you need vcds...and literally change 1 number. Check out myturbodiesel.com for all the info.

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Actually this is interesting.
I don't need to have the phonebook/keypad display on the radio unit, as long as I can select from the MFD, I will be happy.
Do I still NEED to have RNS510 in that case?

If you want the features a 2013 has you'll need to upgrade the radio and Bluetooth.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
The 9w7 is all you need then. The newer RCD-510's have the keypad features too though. They display info when streaming also.