2009 TDi glow plug connector broke

TSPowll

TDI
2009 Jetta
I'm in the middle of trying to figure out a P13D1 code, which I've attempted to solve by swapping glow plugs. This did't work, still same code for same cylinder.
Anyways, in the process of moving glow plugs I broke the very bottom of a connector. It is a plastic ring that snaps on the bottom of the connector. It doesn't have a VW part number so the dealership cant get it. They are trying to sell me an entire harness that cost several hundred dollars because this stupid little plastic part broke. I've tried every local junk yard and VW repair shops with no luck. So I'm now looking for help from you guys. If anyone has replaced this harness and no longer needs this part, would you be willing to sell it to me?? Or do you know where I can get it??? I'm assuming this part is the same on all 2.0L TDi engines so the Passat and other cars may work.

In the picture you can see the part on the left is missing.

Last edited:

TSPowll

TDI
2009 Jetta
Finding this little piece of plastic has got to be one of the hardest things I've done. I have spent countless hours on the phone with dealerships, repair shops and junk yards with no luck. Out of the 8 dealerships I have talked to, more than half have been completly less than helpful.

One dealership, instead of trying to sell me the ENTIRE harness, did find a harness repair kit. Part# 03L971785A It's basically one connector and enought wiring to go all the way to the ECM. This is the closest I've come so far. Price is just under $60 from the dealership, and the cheapest is $40 from ECS Tuning (with shipping almost $55).

At least I've found a cheaper option than the entire harness, but im not willing to give in and pay that much for such a small part.... So the search continues.

Please help or chime in if you have any leads.....

TSPowll

TDI
2009 Jetta
I've talked to about 8 different scrap yards, including a VW specialized one out of California. No luck. I was really hoping a member on here has changed out a harness and has one lying around.

N2UADTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan DSG
Do you have the ring that broke off? It looks like the ring snaps onto the connector.
Do you have access to a 3d printer and CAD software? Something that small would be difficult to print on a 3d printer but it may be worth a shot.

TSPowll

TDI
2009 Jetta
The ring that broke off was still stuck on the glow plug. Since the tabs on it were destroyed I just broke it up more to get it off the glow plug and used compressed air to get the pieces out of the hole. So no, I don't have the piece per say.

TSPowll

TDI
2009 Jetta
Finally found one... Thanks to Andrew(2micron) who is sending me one from a used harness that he had. Thanks Andrew!!

Coastiedeneke

TDI
2009 jetta
Also looking for this part

Hello all I am also looking for two of these clips. If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

N2UADTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan DSG
You can carefully glue the 2 parts of the connector back together. Use a thick consistency crazy glue. If the bottom part of the connector is still on the glow plug, you can pull it off with a hooked tool.

Coastiedeneke

TDI
2009 jetta
Cover

Hello thank you for the reply but unfortunately the cover fell apart in several different pieces and can’t not be glued together