Delete

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
mine bent and snapped a rod with the starter..wouldnt count it out...the v egr cooler cost me an engine

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Maybe see if you can get a pressure reading off the two glow plugs that have the sensor on them? I think the CATA uses two of them..... if you see a major difference between those readings, it could potentially mean a hurt engine, and would warrant doing a compression test as next step.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Or just skip right to the compression test....
Compression pressures bar
New 28 … 33
Wear limit 21
Difference between cylinders max. 5

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It should've registered soft codes at the very least pulling fuel due to EGT limit (I think it's 850 stock) unless they jack'd it in the tune.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
i also had my pre turbo egt sensor fail no codes at all....lucky i had the exact same thing happen to my 2011 jetta so wasnt tricky to find.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
I kid you not the day I started diagnosing the issue my 2014 jetta pre turbo failed outright all of a sudden. Flashing glow plug and codes. That's when I had the idea to check the touareg. Very much a coincidence but weird.

Also one thing annoyed me is the price.
Egt 1 sensor in the states is $73.85. In Canada.... $285!!??
Funny you say that. NOx sensors in Canada are like $1000, in the states they are like couple hundred bucks.