2009 sportwagen alarm

Matthewsz

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 09 wagon
Anybody knows why the remote or starting the car won't stop the alarm? I got the car recently and found some kind of aftermarket alarm box with wiring behind the knee panel, I removed all of that and I'm not sure if that's related to my problem. It shouldn't need an aftermarket junk for the remote to function properly. I have at least one bad door switch but for example today after driving I stopped the engine, pulled out the key and as soon as I opened the door the alarm went off?! Why is it even armed when driving? Remote didn't stop it, starting the engine again didn't stop it.

Matthewsz

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 09 wagon
I have vcds, but where does that tell me why I can't stop the alarm once it goes off for whatever reason? My 2006 and 2003 didn't have this problem.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Just run a full "Autoscan" and sift through the results. I'd wager there are some "intermittent" or "ground to earth" problems with some wiring harness or module someplace. you can search the codes on the ross-tech site and get a page with possible causes + solutions.