2009 Routan SE, anything i should know about it?

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
My wife really like it, has DVD, sunroof, 65K miles on it, one-owner, no accident (per Carfax).
For a little bit more than 10,000 dollars.

How does it look? Any known issue?

Thanks!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Parts availability and servicing. Innocently ask the VW dealer service department (pretending to be an owner) if you could book a service appointment, preferably one of the bigger ones that is more than just an oil change. If you don't like the answer you get, go to the Chrysler dealer and do the same.

I agree with Oilhammer. If you like the vehicle, buy one with a Chrysler or Dodge nameplate.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
"Orphan" = abandoned. VW abandoned the Routan because of poor sales and they pretty much no longer support it.

I repeat ... Pretend you own one, go to the VW dealer, and see if you can book one of the bigger service appointments that involves obtaining parts for them. Then do the same at the Chrysler dealer if you don't like what you see at the VW dealer.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Absolutely agreed, go for an Odyssey or a Sienna, Routan is a rebadged Dodge.
Chrysler Town & Country is ok but Odyssey is the real deal if you really want a minivan.
Or if space is needed for family go for a midsize crossover with the third row. My family had an 1999 Explorer for 5 years which killed us with gas, but the newer ones are more fuel efficient.
I am beginning to like that segment, 20mpgs on the highway with 4wd only engaged if slippage detected. New Honda Pilot is exciting.
Toyota Highlander
Mazda CX-9
Nissan Pathfinder
Hyundai Santa Fe
Anyone really, they all outsell minivans as they are more attractive, you know what forget about minivans, crossovers are the new minivans AWD is a bonus, Odyssey is about 20mpgs anyway.
Forget about the Routan, that's a joke.
By the way VW where is Cross Blue ?
Or Transporter California in Russia that makes sense.
Give the dealers something they can sell, VW is out of touch.
Going to Audi to pay 50Gs no thanks, too much money what do you think Americans are not stupid.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
thanks everybody!

what about a 2010 T&C Touring with 65K miles, with all the bells and whistles, for around $15K?

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
You can get a loaded T&C for $18-20 thats three years/under 40k. So I say your $15k example is too many dollars for the age/miles.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would find a Sienna over any of the others, myself, if I were after a V6 American minivan. Even if it is a little older with higher miles. Ideally the 2006 was the last best year, but most of the GR engine's issues were sorted out by 2011 or so.

If I were buying new I would take a good look at the new MB Metris.

Claudio

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta SW
You can get a loaded T&C for $18-20 thats three years/under 40k. So I say your $15k example is too many dollars for the age/miles.

not sure where you live, but where i live (Chicago area) the one i found is a great deal (KBB gives it for 16500)