2009 -2011 CR Odometer Readings

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Only 22k miles on my 2010 JSW TDI since August 2010. :cool:

I

ihatespeed

Im at 19k since the first of sep 2010 no issues other than a mirror blinker not plugged in right from the factory.

soulflyer

TDI
Sold: 2010 GSW Highline DSG
60,000km since June 18 2010
one iced up intercooler so far...

Last edited:

CDG

TDI
2011 JSW
12k since Oct '10 and no issues so far.

Dealer service has been trouble-free.

I hate the locked rear headrests.

BTL

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 PGM Jetta TDI Premium DSG
Coming up on 2 years...46k miles. Other than issues with the mechatronics, which seem to have been rectified, the car has been great. ::knocks on wood::

I've owned a 2005.5 Jetta 2.5, a 2006 Passat 2.0t, a 2006.5 TDI, and now the 09. The 09 is by far my favorite car. Continue to love the styling, comfort, economy, and solid feel. I tend to buy cars often as you can see, but I think this one will be around for a while.

DeeGee

TDI
2000 Golf 5-Spd.
:)

Please post your odometer readings.

I am wondering how many vehicles have over 100K miles (160K kilometers)? :confused:

There should be some 2009s and just perhaps an early 2010 that have been driven that far?

:D

D
You can look on the fuelly site and look for cars with a significant number of fill ups; click on that particular car and it will tell you how many miles tracked.

For example, here are all the '09 TDI Jettas:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/jetta/2009/diesel l4

One '09 on that list (as of today) had 290 fill ups for 140,387 miles.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
A TDI with 140K Miles!

Just drove through 50,000 miles. Changed my tires and am chugging along . . .

Good for you. Which original tires did you have, and what did you replace them with? :confused:
You can look on the fuelly site and look for cars with a significant number of fill ups;
click on that particular car and it will tell you how many miles tracked.

For example, here are all the '09 TDI Jettas:
http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/jetta/2009/diesel l4

One '09 on that list (as of today) had 290 fill ups for 140,387 miles.

D . . G . .

A rather clever idea! Glad you thought of it and of course,
neither I nor anyone else did. Thank you.
I will go through all of the 09s and even the 10s and see if there
are any more vehicles with over 100K miles
(160K kilometers).

Thanks again for that excellent suggestion. Shows you are indeed thinking on all eight cylinders. :p

D

Last edited:

DeeGee

TDI
2000 Golf 5-Spd.
I use the fuelly statistics for a lot of data.

For example, I checked to see if you get better mileage after the 10,000mile break in period. I checked a substantial number of cars and I didn't find any evidence that supports that theory. On several cars just the opposite was true.

BlueGraphite'10TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6Man
About 44,200 miles since Sep 09. Still on the original Hankooks, 4 oil changes, 2 Fuel Filter changes, and a rear set of pads at 30k. Averaged 44.1 on my last tank. I really need to get on this Fuelly site.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
27,000kms since June 12, 2010

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nothing to It . .

About 44,200 miles since Sep 09.
Still on the original Hankooks, 4 oil changes, 2 Fuel Filter changes,
and a rear set of pads at 30k. Averaged 44.1 on my last tank.
I really need to get on this Fuelly site.

Nothing to it, getting all set up on the Fuelly site. It's like everything else;
Once you have done it, it's easy! Just takes a little time at first.

Mostly local driving with some stop and go? Figured that because you needed rear brake pads early.

D

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Wes, thank you for your post. It is good to know that there are a few at least
who are getting up there as far as odometer readings are concerned.

Have you had any major problems? :confused: Are you using any additives? :confused:

D

wesk1954

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI

Wes, thank you for your post. It is good to know that there are a few at least
who are getting up there as far as odometer readings are concerned.

Have you had any major problems? :confused: Are you using any additives? :confused:

D
The issues I've had as follows: Ignition switch replaced right after I took delivery as door locks didn't work correct. Around 40K had a motor go bad on a "flap" in the emission system... extended warranty took care of that. At 92K I had the factory recall done to replace the Mechatronic unit (that was just this week)... I am on my second set of tires, and still running the original brakes which have plenty of life remaining.

Interestingly, with the new mechatronic and the new software loaded for the tranny, I find the shifting pattern and overall transmission behavior is radically different than it has been for the first 92K. In fact I'm going to create a thread for discussion on that specific topic.

I love this car... just waiting for the new TDI Passat... hopefully arriving in August.

Wes

dubidoobs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 "Facelifted" JSW 6MT | 04/2010 Build Date
Just hit 30K on 05/17/11!!!! My how a year goes by without noticing it (acquire date 06/30/10) :p

My Carefree Service intervals have all been accounted for, even got the "recall" for an ECU upgrade, car still runs great.

BlueGraphite'10TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI 6Man
Nothing to it, getting all set up on the Fuelly site. It's like everything else;
Once you have done it, it's easy! Just takes a little time at first.
Mostly local driving with some stop and go? Figured that because you needed rear brake pads early.
D
Surprisingly, no. All highway miles. My commute to school is about 150 miles round trip, was doing that 4x a week this spring. Now, starting June 6th, Ill be doing that same round trip 5x a week for summer session! That's 3750 miles in 5 weeks...Anyways, I told the dealer at my last oil change to check my parking brake adjustment. They said it was fine.

I'm at 49,850 miles right now. Having my oil changed next week.

WVU TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6m
Surprisingly, no. All highway miles. My commute to school is about 150 miles round trip, was doing that 4x a week this spring. Now, starting June 6th, Ill be doing that same round trip 5x a week for summer session! That's 3750 miles in 5 weeks...Anyways, I told the dealer at my last oil change to check my parking brake adjustment. They said it was fine.

I'm at 49,850 miles right now. Having my oil changed next week.
Sheesh, time to look into hotels with cheap weekly rates :/