2007 Baltimore Auto Show

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
The Motor Trend Auto Show is coming 8-12 Febuary and I am looking for a group of us to visit the show and have a lunch/dinner afterward. Here is a link http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/baltimore/ for more details. I will suggest either Saturday or Sunday because we can get street parking and have the whole day to look around and ask about diesels. Meeting time and date is very open and looking forward to see one and all.
Thanks,
Paul
aka Jump62

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I'm interested! I want to poke around the show and pick some brains about future diesel offerings in the USA. VW TDIs in particular. :cool:

I'll look into taking a couple of vacation days from work to lengthen out the weekend. This is also a good excuse for me to drive down from NH and visit my parents in northern VA and stay with them over the weekend. :cool:

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
Glad to see both of you coming, an early question is which day would be better for you? Know this is early to ask but I like to plan ahead.
Paul
aka Jump62

n1das

TDI
Jump62 said:
Glad to see both of you coming, an early question is which day would be better for you? Know this is early to ask but I like to plan ahead.
Paul
aka Jump62
Either day can work for me. I'm leaning toward Saturday and planning to drive back to NH on Sunday.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Paul,

This is on my Radar Screen, will know closer to the date about my plans.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
tongsli said:
Paul,

Looks like I will be in Cancun that weekend. Given the choice between Baltimore and Cancun, I think Cancun will win every time :D.

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
Great, I'm leaning toward Sunday but can do Saturday as well.
Paul
aka Jump62

tongsli said:
Paul,

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Lito -

My apologies for posting this here but tried to send you a PM but get message telling me you need to clean out some stored PM's before the software will let me send PM's to you. If I still can't send you a PM by this evening will shoot you an email. Feel free to delete this post once you've seen it to help reduce off-topic clutter.

Robert

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
CoolWht said:
Lito -

My apologies for posting this here but tried to send you a PM but get message telling me you need to clean out some stored PM's before the software will let me send PM's to you. If I still can't send you a PM by this evening will shoot you an email. Feel free to delete this post once you've seen it to help reduce off-topic clutter.

Robert
Done.

n1das

TDI
I have to back out on this. I won't make it there. I've got too much other stuff going on around the time of the show. I wanna go but it's conflicting with other stuff. :(

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry I've been busy with a family matter so How does Sunday sound and meet at the VW area around 10:30 or so. I'll IM to people who are coming my cell number for a contact number.
Paul

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
An update......Baltimore and DC area Staples are suppose to have $3 off offer. I'll check this today and try to grab some.
Paul

hec

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS 5-speed Reflex Silver
Anybody else interested in the auto show?
Lito? Birdman?

Harold

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'll be there at 10:30 and will be accompanied by my neighbor. So we'll hang with you guys for a bit before moving on.

Lito

Gray Squirrel

TDI
none
Thoughts from the auto show ???

I didn't get to spend too much time in the VW section actually looking at vehicles, as my kids found VW's slot racing game and GTI racing simulator far, far, far, far more interesting. However, VW was the only company that tried to make their area family friendly so I give them double bonus points for that. I liked the Eos, yet felt sad that VW couldn't / won't put a diesel in it.

On the :eek: side, when I checked under the hood of the Saturn VUE hybrid, the power steering tank was leaking. :eek:

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
Did anyone see any Diesels from anyone at that show? I could not find any. I did not go to the Benz area so I don't know if they had some. I would have thought that the t-reg would be a diesel.

I agree with the family friendly part for vw. My kids kept bugging me to go to the "circle thing." The spherical video viewing thing.