2006 VW Jetta TDI for Sale

ChrisB009

No Longer for Sale via the TDI Forums. If there are interested parties in purchasing, it will be available on AutoTrader after this coming weekend.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Sounds like a nice vehicle. Would you be so kind as to disclosing the brand and viscosity weight of the oil you were using for your 3000 mile OCI's (Oil Change Intervals)? How many times has the fuel filter been changed and do you have documentation for these sevices? Later!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
ChrisB009 said:
Everyone has their own opinion on a variety of topics. This thread is not meant to discuss oil change intervals so let’s not attempt to hijack this post and turn it into something it's not. This post is for the sale of a VW Jetta so let’s keep the discussion around the sale of the vehicle.

Thank you,

Chris
No problem deleted.......Good Luck in your sale
FYI,Using the correct Oil in a VW PD TDI engine is extremely important!! that is why you are getting these questions.....

Harvieux

TDI
Chris, These are ligitimate questions that are being asked here. No one is trying to hijack your FS post. If you were more active here on this venue, you would most likely have not chimed in as such with your old school mindset. There is actually some pretty good UOA data which may attribute to excessive engine wear metals from early OCI's. And yes, the proper VW spec oil, 505.01 is imperative for the PD engine. I have most likely purchased more TDI's from club member's here than anyone and if your's was a DSG, I would have shot you an offer if it has been properly serviced. Yes, you may have felt a bit of edginess from us member's here which may have been due to your lack of participation until it's time to off your vehicle. Later!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
CHRIS.......

First, this is a very intelligent, knowledgable group of folks here.......
The first thing that gets our attention is when a newbie with very few posts decides to "sell" there car here........
Then when the defensive attitude jumps out immediately, the antennas really go up then! These are legitimate questions being asked here.......
Why are you selling a relatively new car??? No pictures.......the description is vague........
I don't know if you know it or not, but selling a car on the TDIClub is extremely difficult anyway....... The people here are very frugal and are looking for a deal........I am sure you have a great car but you aren't helping yourself here
as I stated before Good Luck!!
You may be better served using Autotrader or cars.com or craigs list or even Ebay!

ChrisB009

Noted...

No Longer for Sale via the TDI Forums. If there are interested parties in purchasing, it will be available on AutoTrader after this coming weekend.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Harvieux said:
Yes, you may have felt a bit of edginess from us member's here which may have been due to your lack of participation until it's time to off your vehicle. Later!
Nice work Harv and Tomo. Could one or both of you please put together a sticky that outlines the instructions for who is and who is not eligible -- in your not-so-humble opinions -- to be able to sell a vehicle here? :rolleyes: What degree of 'participation' is acceptable for you?

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
frugality said:
:rolleyes: What degree of 'participation' is acceptable for you?
Well, the OP started 2 threads about lights shortly after he joined last year, presumably when the car was new, and one thread about a small oil leak at "about 50,000 miles" in January of this year. He didn't respond to any of the requests for clarification or photos on that one.
A total of 4 posts in over a year? That's really sub-minimal participation!

I didn't see this thread while any of ChrisB009's posts were available, but the questions and responses that are still up from others seem entirely reasonable and civil to me.

What oil and filters have been used (at least 20 times) is a totally legitimate question. And by changing the oil every 3K(!) he pretty clearly demonstrated that he hadn't even read the OM, let alone any other information here, before he posted his FS thread. Even if he was looking at the wrong chart, the '06 gassers all have 5K OCI's.

I, too, wish him luck with the sale, but I also hope that his car doesn't turn truly ugly on the next owner!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I agree that questions about which oil was used, etc., are fine. But criticism about how long a person may or may not have been here is uncalled for. This is not a cult, this is a forum for people to discuss and to buy and sell TDI's. If Chris decided that his life wasn't enhanced by spending hours reading posts and adding comments, that's his choice, and it's a respectable one. For all anyone knows, he could have been one of those 'lurkers' who read but doesn't post much himself. A low post count shouldn't immediately make someone suspect -- "assumed guilty until proven innocent."

Chris actually sounded like a better-than-average TDI owner. Most TDI owners are not even on this forum. He still had the old bias that more oil changes are better, but this shows that he actually was trying to do 'the right thing' and care for his car. Also, he bought his oil from the dealer, which shows the same thing. I can understand the question about which oil, but people are being critical about 'too many' oil changes? Sheesh.

The bullies from the peanut gallery weren't even interested in buying his car -- they were looking to puff up their egos. (insert visual of wiggling pinkie here)

ChrisB009

I find the above posts quite odd at best. The comment geared towards sub-minimal participation is well beyond my thinking. What constitutes participation on a forum? Forums (BBS's in past years) were developed so people could share ideas not post attacks and hide behind an electronic identity. Forums are not based on how many posts people make; they are in existence for sharing ideas and thoughts. I am a member on many forums (well over a hundred) as I have worked within IT for well over 20 years as an engineer and also have an electronics background. So the comment that I have not posted much material is correct as I simply do not have the time to devote hours of endless posts. I use forums when the task, question or information to be shared is relevant. So I ask the question what material would the above posters deem worthy? Once again forums are not based on the amount of use. For someone to scrutinize what material I have posted is absolutely ridiculous.
As for the oil leak issue: I did so in fact take pictures of the oil leak but was unable to post them....and I even asked the question....however no one shared the information on how to post pictures. The only way I am aware is to use an external address (URL or IP) but I am not going through the trouble of setting up a site just for picture sharing.
I would assume if this post had been a face to face conversation the above would never been communicated.
Let me pass on some advice for those who have posted rude comments; if you would not communicate what you type in a face to face conversation then don't type it. I find the above posters to be rude and inhospitable.
I have asked the administrator(s) to terminate my account and will no longer be part of this community.

Take care and I hope the actions/thoughts of the few does not impact the majority of the community.

Chris

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
FYI
I am not inhospitable........I sometimes come off as being rude....I have been on this forum for over 10 years.......In fact last year I won the the BUG PWR award which is given to a member who goes out of his/her way to help other forum members.I help out folks all the time .......I am very sorry you feel this way, but every thing I said was true!! I have attempted to sell several cars here and have gone thru terrible stress from tire kickers and lowballers......and that was what I was trying to get across to you! Each of my cars ultimately sold on Autotrader......
I could care less how much time you spend here spend whatever time you need......

Last edited:

Harvieux

TDI
Sorry folks, I have been concentrating on the set up for the RC GTG taking place tomorrow. The way I see it is clearly explained in Tomo's and my above postings. Then the new, king of trolls Frug, comes trolling in and starts the BS once again. It is a natural for him.

Chris, rather than get all huffy and puffy, why not just take the good advice and run with it? I too, am very sorry you took all this the wrong way and yes, I would have told you/asked you the very same things to your face along with much more positive ways to market your vehicle here or other venues for the asking. I am not one to hide behind the keyboard, ie: (keyboard bravado). You were told the way it is without all the fluff and I realize that many different personalities make it very difficult to realize the good when most of the percieved negatives are taken out of context. I hope you consider staying aboard. Later!

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
So, since I missed out on all of the drama, what was the final answer about the Oil/change spec? I'm trying to do my own change on the V-Twin and I'm like Dear in the Fricken headlights in the Oil Isle. :eek: :p :D The manual calls out numerous viscosities based on Temps. Brought it in at 2K mi for what I thought was a good doobie Oil change and was told to come back at 4K due to special break-in oil. Got that done at 3999.9 mi for like 80-bucks and now will try doing it on my own. I just want to pick the 10W-40 that's the best for a V-twin without getting raped :eek: @ the stealership for generic oil in a honda container.

I'm sure many a VW owner has been in a similar situation, FWIW

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Given that the oil changes are every 3500 miles on my Suzuki, and given that motorcycles get used little enough that we probably won't wear out the engine before the bike simply 'gets old', I've used plain old Valvoline 10W-40.

Last year I had to do something I hadn't done in a LONG time.....change spark plugs! Can you believe that? This thing's got spark plugs. I wish they'd make a diesel motorcycle available here. In India you can get a Royal Enfield diesel, and if you're a U.S. Marine you can get a Kawasaki KLR650 with a diesel thumper, but they haven't been made available to the public.