2006 VW Jetta 1.9L TDI. Won’t switch gears when the car is on.

Aehashman

TDI
2006 VW Jetta 1.9L TDI
I have recently replaced the entire engine, clutch, slave cylinder, and almost everything in my 2006 TDI. It will go into gear when the car is off. It will start in gear and move so I’m pretty sure it isn’t the transmission. The bushings seem to be okay. The last thing I can think of is the master cylinder. I’m really at a loss for knowing what’s next. HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Your new clutch isn't completely disengaging. I'm not sure where the fault is, but sometimes this happens. It could be the clutch needs another bleed session. It could also be there is a tiny amount of difference in where things go together that means when you have the clutch pedal to the floor, the pressure plate isn't quite as far away from the friction disk and flywheel as the old ones were before. Could be only a couple of thousandths, IDK.

My suggestion would be to try bleeding the clutch again, being very careful about brake reservoir fluid levels and making sure that plastic slave cylinder doesn't leak at all anywhere.

Good luck,

PH