2006 tdi 5 speed crank no start

Kakitdi

TDI
2006 jetta 5 speed tdi
So i tried to be a diyer opened the egr/ intercooler hose to see if there was crud and perhaps clean it, once i realized it was better to relace the egr, i clamped it back up started and the hose blew off, so hooked it up lazely just to move the car 100 feet to a secure spot, left it there came back and realized the trunk was open for 45 min, the clamps had extended all the way and the vise grip no longer worked so i went home for a bigger plier and long behold i got one clamp on, however when it came time to do the clamp which sits right next to the timing belt cover, it was a battle that i definitely lost… i would get it to close a little and boom it would spring back open with brutal force, before i could realize that i need a proper tool, i went to start the car and all it did was crank and crank, so i figured it was because it wasnt clamped right and didnt think that when the clamp opened with inmense pressure a small piece of plastic cracked from the timing belt cover and i could only assume it went inside under neather somewhere in the timing belt area… it was either that or me trying to squeeze the large pliers in between the rigjt end of the clamp and the timing belt cover which somehow cause a no start just crank issue, i gave up for the noght to come back the next morning with a little more research and decided to leave the clamps and hoses alone and see if a piece went in the belt which it must have because the cover had a tiny hole and the piece was not there so it must have fallen in… after youtubing someone recommended unpluggin the crank sensor which i did and long behold the car started sounded a bit strange but it did start…. So i figured either the timing jumped or a piece might be inside blocking the belt or something i had no codeds with a basic scanner but yet the car cranks and doesnt start… i just wanted to make the car better and i feel i ruined it, any tdi guys who have experience please your help would be appreciated and i am willing to cashapp money to someone who is willing to help! Thanks in advance!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
...unpluggin the crank sensor which i did and long behold the car started sounded a bit strange but it did start….
...but yet the car cranks and doesnt start… i just wanted to make the car better and i feel i ruined it
I don't know if this headache is from reading your brutal post, or if I got Covid or W T F..... but can you please put some effort, punctuation and sentence structure into your rambling and start making some sense if you want people to attempt to guide you?

Does it or does it NOT start?
Did it start?
Have you checked the timing if you believe you mangled it?
If you had some foreign object in your TB you shouldn't have cranked it over.... since you obviously did, you need to now remove the covers to inspect. You should verify that your timing is good before any more attempts at starting (or even cranking)

Kakitdi

TDI
2006 jetta 5 speed tdi
I don't know if this headache is from reading your brutal post, or if I got Covid or W T F..... but can you please put some effort, punctuation and sentence structure into your rambling and start making some sense if you want people to attempt to guide you?

Does it or does it NOT start?
Did it start?
Have you checked the timing if you believe you mangled it?
If you had some foreign object in your TB you shouldn't have cranked it over.... since you obviously did, you need to now remove the covers to inspect. You should verify that your timing is good before any more attempts at starting (or even cranking)
Ok appreciate your help dog, since you took the time to read that lol! My question now is lets say a piece is logged by the teeth would that be enough for a crank no start condition which is what i have…

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Anything that would be jammed into your timing belt\drive would destroy the belt if you are cranking.
If you are really lucky, only the belt gets destroyed and the timing simply skips a tooth.
You need to remove the timing cover to inspect your TB drive condition and verify the timing marks.
Do not crank the engine until you do this if you have any hopes of using it for anything other than a boat anchor.

Kakitdi

TDI
2006 jetta 5 speed tdi
So the tortion value reads 0 when i hook up a scanners, the car starts and sounds like engine shaking misfire but no misfire codes, do anyone know any values i can look ip on scanner to see what might be causing this crabk no stsrt i got pictures but dont know how to upload those live data pics..

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So the tortion value reads 0 when i hook up a scanners, the car starts and sounds like engine shaking misfire but no misfire codes, do anyone know any values i can look ip on scanner to see what might be causing this crabk no stsrt i got pictures but dont know how to upload those live data pics..
Reading zero shows that that timing is out of range.
Is the crank or cam sensor still unplugged? It can't read torsion value without both being plugged in.
If a piece went into the timing belt, i would not continue trying to run it

Kakitdi

TDI
2006 jetta 5 speed tdi
Ok so when i start the car with the sensor unplugged, and then plug the sensor in while the car is on it remains on but sounds rough and has a shake to it. You are right i think i am going to stop turning it on, i hope nothing landed in the timing bet, also maybe when i was trying to squeeze the clamp i did push up against the crank timing casing i am thinking maybe it slid up or down a little, torsion of 0 i thought was perfect, lastly i have a wuestion i am 99% i didnt put gas by mistake, but would there be a way to check if gas is in the tank, maybe 1% chance i subconsciously put gas…i did het that p3008 code but idk if that was from me unplugging it..

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Ok so when i start the car with the sensor unplugged, and then plug the sensor in while the car is on it remains on but sounds rough and has a shake to it. You are right i think i am going to stop turning it on, i hope nothing landed in the timing bet, also maybe when i was trying to squeeze the clamp i did push up against the crank timing casing i am thinking maybe it slid up or down a little, torsion of 0 i thought was perfect, lastly i have a wuestion i am 99% i didnt put gas by mistake, but would there be a way to check if gas is in the tank, maybe 1% chance i subconsciously put gas…i did het that p3008 code but idk if that was from me unplugging it..
Easiest way to make sure there's no gas in the tank is to put some of the fuel in a Styrofoam cup. If it dissolves the cup, it's got gas in it.
I doubt that's your issue though, because unplugging the crank sensor wouldn't make a difference for that. If it doesn't start with the crank sensor plugged in, but starts with it unplugged, your problem is timing.