2006 Jetta TDI needs TLC in South Carolina

southcarolinastephen

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI "Casper"
I own a 2006 white Jetta TDI with 170,000 miles. I bought it used 10-11 years ago and it's been a very good car. The guy I bought it from is a honest guy and told me he bought it as an insurance write-off with low miles, but the CarFax was clean. It's straight and runs well.
A series of events have prompted me to sell Casper.
It needed a new radiator a year ago. In December 2019, a cooling hose ruptured because it was rubbing against the engine. Then I hit a hidden pothole in the same month that bent the right front suspension, wheel, and tire. Now that's all fixed, but I'm informed it needs a glow plug harness and right front door handle/lock (somehow it's giving an airbag error).
Today I'm told the radiator not installed properly one of the cooling fans have damaged the wiring to the A/C condenser. If you live in South Carolina you need A/C.
Oh, and after 6 years CarFax decided to update Casper to salvage. I knew the car's background, but what does that say about CarFax?
What's it worth to someone who can buy, fix and benefit from this otherwise reliable TDI?

Last edited:

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
I’m not sure about other states, but here in SC, you can no longer title a salvaged car. Brother found this out about 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk