2006 Jetta TDI Manual (5) silver sedan for sale with extras

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
VIN 3VWRT71K66M710112, currently around 154 k miles but increasing due to current regular use. Asking $5,500, but open to offers.

I bought this Sarasota Florida car with about 50k miles in 2009 from the original owner and have been using it since. It has had plenty of maintenance, updates and minor modifications, and although I am not good at keeping detailed records, I have lots of records.

Basically, although I still love driving this car, I need to drive a tow vehicle now and I no longer can afford the time to repair the recurring typical TDI Jetta issues, in particular, the A/C issues. My wife likes driving it too but is also tired of the maintenance issues, so we are looking at Toyota and Lexus as replacements for her. Yes, I know they are more boring to drive, but as we are both older now, that is less of an issue.

I maintain this car myself except for replacing the DMF failure around 2010. This car has a relatively recent Frank06 cam and modified EGR cooler, plus a Panzer plate and a tow hitch (which is as yet unused). Everything works great now except for 5, maybe 6 issues. The A/C is showing the RCV cooling delay issue, crappy winshield washer motor failed again, the brakes release with a slight pause, the radio is showing serious deterioration and the dealer replaced headliner is now also failing. There may be an airbag issue, but I have to check that again. A genuine VAG-COM plus various additional parts are included, including an unused new engine wiring harness and a new injector harness that I concluded was not the problem.

This car has recent correctly rebuilt front axles and runs strong with no smoking, hesitation or other signs of issues. Things replaced over the years include the windshield, door locks, window and lock switches, radiator fans, oil pump, water pump, water thermostat, trunk lock, wheel bearings, all brake rotors and pads, egr valve, valve cover gasket, lifters, camshaft, MAF sensor, air intake hoses, vacuum hoses, coolant hoses, pulleys, belts, alternator pulley, trunk lock, and every other thing that goes out on these cars. Tires are new this year too.

Body is in good shape but the right rear bumper shows some slight damage from me backing into a mailbox post.

This is not a fire sale. I don't know how to price it, but will be happy to entertain offers. I do think this car is good for another 200 to 400k miles, but I am now on Medicare and crawling under cars no longer has the same effect on my attitude.

Last edited:

sptsailing

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Manual, stock with Panzer Plate & Franko6 modified EGR cooler & CAM
Where is car located?
Sorry for delays, I wound up being busy with other things, many of which will continue to large degree. Car is Silver with a gray not leather interior and is located in Safety Harbor, FL. I will try to post photos next week