2006 Jetta TDI DRL

Dennis T

TDI
2006 tdi
Good Day TDI Clubsters. A bit about me, I'm a 60yr old licensed mechanic/milwright. Drove mostly GM all my life. I've troubleshoot and resolved alot of issues, some highly technical and some downright silly. I recently bought a 2006 jetta tdi, in search of better fuel mileage. 400k and it runs great and unbelievable mileage. So here's the thing, my ps low beam drl bulb burned out recently and so I replaced it. Didn't work. (ds was fine) Too cold out to check the fuse so I packed it in for the day. Next morning I went to troubleshoot but now it was working fine and I didn't do anything. So, my question is , , W T F ? Anybody ever experience this before?

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Good Day TDI Clubsters. A bit about me, I'm a 60yr old licensed mechanic/milwright. Drove mostly GM all my life. I've troubleshoot and resolved alot of issues, some highly technical and some downright silly. I recently bought a 2006 jetta tdi, in search of better fuel mileage. 400k and it runs great and unbelievable mileage. So here's the thing, my ps low beam drl bulb burned out recently and so I replaced it. Didn't work. (ds was fine) Too cold out to check the fuse so I packed it in for the day. Next morning I went to troubleshoot but now it was working fine and I didn't do anything. So, my question is , , W T F ? Anybody ever experience this before?
Did you circle ignition when you replace it .
Also it could be suggestion above if you have Hand brake On DRL is Off.

Dennis T

TDI
2006 tdi
Handbrake wasn't on but thanks for that info. I didn't realize handbrake affected drl. Anyways, LS was working when RS wasn't. Not sure what you mean by "circle the ignition". If you meant "cycle ignition", well I probably would have started and stopped abt 3times before it started working. Maybe that's the key. (Pardon the pun, lol)
Thanks for your time.
Dennis

Dennis T

TDI
2006 tdi
Did you have the handbrake on while you where checking the new bulb?
Handbrake wasn't on. LS light was working fine at the time. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I just didn't understand that apparently the drl shuts off when handbrake is on. Thank you for your time
Dennis

Dennis T

TDI
2006 tdi
Having 2 threads for the same problem is frowned upon, if you answer the first thread you wouldn't receive the same answer twice
My apologies. I didn't quite understand the answer and was unsure what to reply. I have since corrected that. Thanks for your advice.
Dennis