2006 jetta tdi brakes seized.

jetvan

TDI
mk5
I was driving on highway doing 65ish with family in car when with no warning brakes engaged hard to point where i could not increase speed but barely made it to exit to pull off road.,. I called a wrecker and he was there within 30 mins. I got in car to put into nuetral and brakes where back to normal... Any thoughts or other experienced this?? Car is a 5 spd .. Im thinking master cylinder, btake booster or ads module? Where to start

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
You can put flex line on the list as well.

I've replaced 2 of mine due to weird brake systems as well as 2 calipers so far.

? Were all brakes hot or just one?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Then flex line is not likely the culprit they are independent of each other more or less.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Andrewh

Veteran Member
Booster then.
I have had a booster fail in an older car where it slowly started to engage the brakes. I didn't realize it, till I noticed how hard the car was straining to keep it at 60 mph.
My foot was almost on the floor.

Pulled the vacuum line and while it was hard to stop, it let me run it home to rip it out.
Mine failed and stayed failed.
It sounds like the internal check valve.

the key would be the brake pedal will pull down as though you pushed the pedal down.
Based on high vacuum while cruising I bet vs low vacuum while at idle or driving agressivly.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
On my DSG BRM, I had a back crack in the molded vacuum line off the back of the vacuum pump, that connects to the vacuum booster, I had a crack that caused a back leak, which affected my brakes.

jetvan

TDI
mk5
Finally got a chance to look into problem all vacuum hoses look good.. Drove around the block without problem parked it in shop overnite and next morning i put key in turned to acc. And noticed brake lights where on..brake pedal was up . pushed pedal a few times lights went off and back to normal.. Thinking ill get a new brake light switch and try that ..will switch throw a code? Thanks

jetvan

TDI
mk5
Any suggestions on where to buy a booster and master cylinder ? I tried the local chain parts store 3 times and each time they ordered they didnt fit.. Really dont wont to buy at stealership for 750

Andrewh

Veteran Member
forgot, you could also look for a booster rebuilder. might be cheaper. check with some part shops and see if you have one local.
booster dewy rebuilds classic car ones, you could see if he does modern.

jetvan

TDI
mk5
Ok after 5 different mc orders i finally got the right one.. So replaced the booster with a good one off friend's donor and new mc , bleed the brakes old sckool way know pedal is soft and goes to floor..do i need to use a special procedure??thanks

jetvan

TDI
mk5
Oh at last the jetta brakes work.. Almost 1 gallon flushed and bleed. Feels good to be driving again..